Piece 11: Finished

You entered the building and got everyone together. You put the can on the table.

"We just caught Misa Amane trying to retrieve a Death Note from a secret hiding place."

Everyone looked shocked, well, everyone apart from Light. He looked mad. Mad at you.
Hah, this is where it ends, Light Yagami.

You took the top off the can of and showed them the Death Note. 

"I've touched the Death Note and a Shinigami has yet to appear."

You took the Death Note out of the zip-lock bag and put it down on the table. 

"Everyone please check as well."

Everyone stretched out an arm and touched the Death Note. Light included. He looked around and faked a reaction. Ryuk was sitting underneath the staircase chuckling creepily. Light let out a scream and fell on the ground. 

"Now that's rude."

Ryuk said out loud.

"Everyone may I have your attention, please?"

You started your speech. 

"I followed Misa during her time out of the building and she did not have contact with anyone after talking to Light at the entrance of the building. I think we can safely assume someone within our task force is Kira and gave her the instructions to get to the hidden burial place before she was released."

Everyone nodded in agreement, slightly shocked at the deduction.

"Furthermore, Ryuga, when you asked the former Shinigami questions regarding the amount of Death Note's you got an inconclusive answer right?"

"Yes."

"But when you asked about the rules you did."

"Yes, to that specific question, the answer was very conclusive."

You turned back to the table. 

"Thanks to this I think the last two rules in this Death Note are fake."

You concluded, Light looked pissed off, slightly grinning, he thought you couldn't prove it.

"This,"

You took out the second Death Note Ryuk had brought you. 

"is a second Death Note I found at the scene, Watari can testify to this."

Everyone looked towards Watari, he just nodded and everyone went back to you.

"As proof,"

You took out a lighter and held it up.

"I will burn this Death Note."

Matsuda raised his voice immediately, even Ryuga looked slightly off.

"But (Y/N)! What if the rules are real!?"

He yelled, Light reacted as well.

"He's right (Y/N)! You shouldn't do this! The gamble is too big."

You laughed slightly, amused by Light's reaction.

"Don't worry,"

You brought the lighter closer and the death Note caught fire.

"They're not."

Matsuda fell to his knees and yelled in agony. You put the partly-burned Death Note on the table, it was so far done that you couldn't hold it anymore. Shortly after, all that was left was a little pile of ashes.