Piece 10: Executing

"Light! I'll miss you"

Misa yelled to Light as she pulled him into a killer hug. Misa was allowed to go outside again and was returning to her own home. Light didn't answer her but just hugged her back slightly.

Time to start.

You followed Misa through the busy shopping streets when she suddenly went into a back alley.
Light must've told her something.
When you were about to follow her into the alley you noticed another shadow following Misa. It looked like a fan, holding a camera and wearing a shirt saying 'Misa-Misa'. You left him alone, he might end up handy if she suspects someone is follow her. Of course, if he does something dangerous you'll stop him, but for now you'll stand by.

Misa continued turning into small alley's and you followed her until you ended up in a forest, where she just continued walking. after walking past a considerable amount of trees, she seemed to have found the one she needed. she dug right beneath the tree and found a square can, opened it up and took out a note. You could see the Death Note inside. Suddenly th fan from before appeared.

"Misa-Misa, is it true you're on drugs?"

He walked closer. Misa looked shocked she hadn't suspected anyone to be following her.

"There's no way that's true right?"

He took another step closer.

"I mean, You're my dear Misa-Misa."

When he was close enough to touch he he pulled out a knife.

"C'mon show what's inside the box, that way I can clear you."

She was clearly scared. You were about to move and surprise the fan when he doubled over and grabbed his chest. It took a while but he was dead.
Was he killed by Kira? By Ryuk? By Rem? But why? They are not allowed to help the users of the Death Note, right? But what would happen when they do?

"Rem? Why did you?"

Misa said out loud, almost crying. You walked towards Misa and grabbed the Death Note from the can. It was inside a zip-lock bag. You took it out and touched it. Ryuk appeared in front of you pulling faces, not that that was very hard for him.

"Eh? You caught me?..."

"Ryuk? But this isn't?"

"Light made a complicated switch thing."

"I see, Misa?"

You turned to the girl, sitting on her knees with her hands in front of her face.

"You are the second Kira aren't you?"

"Since when did you know?"

She asked back, not bothered by what just happened.

"The beginning. When I first met you. I also knew Light was Kira."

"No way, that was our secret..."

"Misa I'll give you two chances."

She looked up to you.

"Come back to the headquarters with me and turn yourself in or go back home, we'll come get you later. Personally, I'd prefer the latter. It makes my act more dramatic."

"Then I'll do so. At least in the end I can kind of help you."

Hah, Liar.

"Oke, see you later then. Bye-Bye."

You said as you motioned her to go.

"You sure you can let her leave like that?"

Ryuk asked you.

"Yes, she won't want to move away too far from Light anyway. It'll be fine."

You made a picture of the can and picked it up.

"Ryuk, what happens when a shinigami helps the human who grabbed the Death Note?"

"Depends."

"What do you mean 'Depends?'"

"Did the life span of said human increase?"

You looked at the way Misa just ran.

"Probably"

"If so, they die."

You looked at him with widened eyes.

"Wow, (Y/N), you look scarier than me."

"Ryuk, did you see the shingami called Rem around here?"

"Yea, I had a chat with her when Misa just arrived."

"If a shinigami dies in the human world, do they drop their notebook?"

"Yea, though you can only see and touch it if you could see the shinigami attached to it."

"Damn. If another shinigami grabs said notebook does it become theirs?"

"Yup."

You had a plan.

"Ryuk. Could you go get Rem's notebook for me? I'll buy you four apples on the way back?"

"Because you asked so nicely."

He flapped his wings and went off to get the Death Note.
You looked at the body on the ground. What should you do with him?

You grabbed your phone and called Ryuga

"Hello? Ryuga? It's (Y/N). I kinda need yours and Watari's help. Could you bring a car over here?"

Ryuga said it would take about 20 minutes. While you waited for both Ryuk and Ryuga you went to a nearby grocery store and got four apples, a pear, some flowers and three drinks. When you got back no one had arrived yet. You called out to Ryuk and got an answer.

"Here ya go, (Y/N)"

He handed you a plain, black Death Note.

"Yours looks better Ryuk. Anyway here are the apples I promised you, I didn't know what kind of apples you usually eat so I just got a lot of different ones. I also got you a pear just eat it and see if you like it. Oh, could you go back to where Rem was, place these flowers there and eat your apples somewhere out of sight?"

You put the plain black Death Note in the back of your pants, covering it with your shirt. Ryuk had flown off again, holding the three roses you handed him. He looked like some kind of friendly monster. A short bit after that Ryuga and Watari were walking through the forest.

"Thanks for the hard work!"

You yelled at them and waved your hand to make sure they saw you.

"I was tailing Misa when this bloke came out and attacked her, shortly after he fell over and died."

"I see. What was buried beneath that tree?"

Ryuga asked when he noticed the hole and the can. You passed him the Death Note, presumably Misa's seeing as you had never seen it before.

"This, and a note to Misa. It's still in there, I touched nothing with bare hands apart from the note, and a shinigami has not yet appeared."

You said to him, giving him the full report of what happened.

"I see, Watari, can you deal with this?"

He asked, Watari nodded. You handed Watari one of the drinks and he thanked you. You and Ryuga walked back to the car. He sat in the driver's seat and started the car.

"Ryuga you have a driver's license?"

You asked him, slightly surprised.

"Yes, well,"

The car drove away at full speed towards the headquarters building, carefully dodging other cars and going around corners skillfully.

"I know how to drive."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(A/N) I have most of the plot to this figured out so I'll probably be able to finish the story soon. Ah, the first story I ever actually finish writing, how sad.