Piece 2: Problems

~Light's POV~

"Ryuk, are there people on who the Death Note doesn't work."

"No, if the right name is written down, everyone will die."

"Then, what went wrong? I got her name from the school and checked it again just now. It has to be the right name."

Shit

She saw Ryuk, for now it's okay, she will probably be too surprised too tell anyone, but I need to kill her before she tells other people. If I can't kill her...I'll have to bring her to my side. I got up and walked towards the classroom. When class started I hurried over to my seat. We had chemistry next.

"Please pick a partner to do this project with."

Perfect

I sat in the seat in front of (Y/N) and started talking. Keeping up my false exterior.

"Hi."

She looked up slightly, saw Ryuk and looked back down again.

"Eumm, would you like to do the project together? "

She looked up again, slightly more surprised.

"No."

She said softly, catching the attention of the students around us. 'Did you hear that?' 'She said 'no' to Yagami-kun....' 'Does she think she's better than him or something?'

"Yagami-kun, if you don't have a partner yet, I'd like to do the project with you."

"Thank you, but I want to do this project with (Y/N). She's always so far from the rest of the class, I'd like it for her to be more involved with us"

She looked slightly troubled.

"Well, (Y/N). Would you do the project with me?"

Even I could notice the stares coming from the class. A soft answer came;

"Okay.."

"Good! Then, can we start working on it tonight at your place, seeing as I spend most of the lesson trying to convince you into working with me."

"My house is a mess, so you'd probably feel awkward."

Obvious lie.

"Don't worry, my little sister is the same. I'm used to it. I'll be in your care then, (Y/N)."

I said, adding a smile to make it more convincing.
She didn't answer.

~Your POV~

"I'm back."

You yelled through the house to see who was home. You noticed your mom walking towards you.

"Welcome ho- Ooh, who is this young man?"

"Sorry for the intrusion, I'm (Y/N)'s classmate. We are doing a project for chemistry together."

He followed you. Light immediately enchanted your mother and got inside the house.

"A, (Y/N) take some snacks up to your room, for when you're working."

"Sure."

You went to the kitchen and got some crisps.

"This way."

You said to Light, he followed closely.

When you entered your room he looked around and noticed the whiteboard above your bed.

"This is awesome. You've got so much info about L, some of the articles are in languages I've never even heard of!"

"It's a hobby of mine."