One

When I wake up I don't know where I am or even who I am. A boy comes closer and asks me if I'm alright. I actually don't know... Am I? How can I know if I'm alright if I don't know how I'm supposed to feel. "Do you hear me?" the boy asks nicely. I nod yes. Yes I hear him, I just don't know what to respond.

"Follow me, and everything will be clear at the end." I push myself up but I can't stand. The boy nods. "I thought this would happen, no one of you can walk. Why can you not just walk?!" Wow... He is agressive... It's not my fault I can't walk, I guess... I can't remember that I've ever done it, so how
am I supposed to know how it works?

He lifts me up and carries me in his arms. "Who are you?" I eventually say to him. "My name is Evan, I'm your guardian," he says quitly. "I assume you don't know who you are?" Once again I nod. "But since you're my guardian... Aren't you supposed to know?" Evan doesn't respond. "You don't, do you?" I ask again. "No one knows, until you find out yourself, and that's just why I'm taking you home." I don't feel like answering and a sudden feeling of fatigue makes me fall asleep.

When I wake up I find myself laying on a couch. "Finally awake?" I hear a familiar voice asking. I look around and I see a strange room. Everything is dark. The walls are painted black, the floor is made out of dark brown wood an even the ceiling looks grey. But everywhere around me are bright paintings, sketches and little white statues. They all show the same thing. An angel, his wings fell of and lay beside him. Some are still attached to his body, but they're incomplete. Sometimes he even seems to fall, instead of flying. But they all have in common that the face is really sad, and they look like Evan.

"Did you made all of this?" I asks. It might seem rude, but I have to know more about the person in whose house I am right now. "Yes, actually. Do you like them?" I'm not sure what to answer. "They're... Interesting," is the sentence I eventually choose. "Why are they all unhappy angels?" I ask carefull, afraid to piss him off. "Because that's how I feel like everyday. Don't we all sometimes think we don't fit in and that we belonged to another world?" I remain silent. What on earth are you supposed to respond to this? This guy is completely lost...

I get more and more scared of this Evan person, sitting across the room. Who is this guy? Why is he obsessed with angels but most importantly, why did he bring me here? "Do you remember something?" Evan asks. I don't respond. I don't want him to know anything about me, even though it might be essential if I want to find out more about myself. "I assume that's a no." Evan gets up and walks towards the door. "Please follow me, I can get you some answers." I put my feet on the ground and lift my body with my hands. It takes some time, But eventually I stand. Slowly and insecure I start walking. I don't know how, but I try to copy Evan's movements. "Good! You can walk. That's progress," he nods happily. I follow him, unaware of what's coming in my direction, into another room, one with a thousand candles this time, but again, everything is about this angel again. Evan sits down on the ground, his legs folded underneath him. He motions me to join him. "Please sit down with me." I have this feeling that I won't like what we will be doing. Carefully I fold my legs and sit down in the circle of candles. "We're going to do some meditation so close your eyes." Before I even have the chance to close my eyes if I would want to, Evan starts humming and shouting weird words. It's creeping me out like a lot. He opens his eyes again. "Well, come on. You won't find yourself if you don't do this," he says to me. "If this is what I have to do, then no thank you. I'll find another way." After saying that I get up and walk away.

"You can't just go out there on your own! Life is a hell if you don't know who you are, you won't survive one day." Evan grabs my hand and tries to pull me back. "Let me go!" I shout and I try to loosen his grip. When it doesn't work I decide to start kicking him. I (kind of accidentally on purpose) hit him in the nuts. He screams and is forced to let me go. That's the moment I start running. I let him lie right there on the flore in his creepy room. I run away from him, away from the angels and away from this house. I run as fast as my legs can without falling. I make it a few blocks away when I bump into someone, fall down and hit my head. "Are you alright?" does a nice female voice ask. I try to say yes, but it's already too late. I have dissappeared into the endless black.