Twelve

"Ka.... Kayla?" I hear coming from the hospital bed. "Yeah, I'm here," I answer Scott. I get up from my chair en walk to him. "What am I doing here? And what are you doing here with me?" he asks. "Someone punched you out." I don't feel like answering on the question why I am here as well. Unfortunately Scott doesn't buy that. "That doesn't explain your presence." I sigh. "I felt responsible." 

"Don't," I hear a familiar voice behind me. "Tara! Hi!" I greet her. "The only one responsible is the young man here. That punch was nothing, just a bruised nose," she explains. "Then why did I go blanc?" Scott asks. "Alcohol intoxication," Tara answers. She checks some numbers on machines and nods. "You're okay now. You should be glad Kayla was there to take care of you." His cheeks get red and his eyes go straight to the ground. But no 'thank you' or something like that. Scott gets detached and we can leave the hospital. It's already three fifteen am. 

"Let me walk you home. I owe you that," Scott whispers. "Can't," I answer. He looks up. "Why not?" "I was supposed to sleep at Yamile's tonight." He nods. "I can take you there as well," he tries, but I tell him I won't even be able to enter the house. More nodding. I realise that I gave up a night sleep for him. I have nowhere to go because I had to take him to the hospital. He seems to realize it as well. "Than please come home with me," he offers. "Don't worry, I'll take the couch." I don't know what to answer. I really don't feel comfortable with sleeping at his place. But since I can't go anywhere else, I agree. 

I'm freezing in my cute little dress and I start shivering. "Here, take my jacket," Scott tells me whilst taking half of his clothes off. I can't even resist because he already dropped it around my shoulders and put his arm around me. Our faces are so close I can even smell his alcohol breath. I don't like the scent at all. But I accept it, I don't really want him to move away from me. Why am I acting like this? What is wrong with me? I shouldn't be liking this, but I do.

"Why did you feel responsible?" he whispers in my ear. "Because you got knocked out by someone trying to help me." "Do you even know the guy? I didn't recognise him... But after all, I was drunk," he giggles. "I kinda do..." I almost told him my story of finding myself in a city I didn't know, but stop myself just in time. Fortunately Scott isn't that awake. He doesn't notice. But he does notice the 'kinda'. "What do you mean? You either know him, or you don't," he responds. "I've seen him, I know his name is Evan, but that's all," I answer. He nods and doesn't pay attention to it anymore. 

"Here we are," he says before turning left into a front garden. I look around, because his house is Immense! this guy must be rich as fuck! Scott sees the staggered look on my face. "I know right, it's huge," he whispers in my ear. He lays his hand on my lower back, just an inch above my ass. I don't know what to think. Did he place it there on purpose? Was it just coincidence? I have no time to think abou it, because Scott starts pushing me to the front door. That's probably why he put his hand in my back. Right before we enter the mansion, Scott whispers one more time: "Please don't say a thing until we're in my room, I don't want to wake my mother at this hour, she will be pissed off." I don't get a chance to respond, because he already opened the door. 

He leads the way to his room, and closes the door behind me. His room is amazing. It's mostly grey and black, but weirdly not dark. There's a two-person bed, and a walk-in closet. He walks in it and comes back with an oversized sweater. "Here you go, you can put this on for the night, tomorrow I will give you something from my sister. Should be the same size." His eyes check me out from bottom to my face and back. I don't feel comfortable but I'm powerless.  It seems like he picks up my discomfort because he looks away in shame and starts mumbling. "I will wake you at nine, breakfast will be ready then." He turns around and leaves me alone in this enormous room.  I unzip my dress and fold it. The sweater is amazing. It's huge, just like everything in here, but it's really comfy. I can't help, but I really like this sweater on me. 

I lay down in bed and pull the blankets up to my neck. I feel like surrounded by clouds. The bed is even softer than mine, which I thought was impossible. The pillows are puffy, the blanket is made of goose feathers. Why do I feel this happy laying in some guy's bed? I shoudn't be here! Yamile warned me for him, and now I'm in his house! More spefically, in his bed! The only good thing is that He's not here with me. He went back down, to lay on the couch. Such a gentleman. I try to think about it longer, but I already feel I start falling asleep. This night was very exhausting, so it's my right! And this bed... It's so comfy... And this... room... is so..... lovely........