Six

"Hello dear," Adrien says when we enter the kitchen. He puts his lips on Helena's. "Found everything you needed?" he asks me. I nod. "Put on what looks best on you, I'm taking you guys out for dinner," he says, leaving a confused look on Helena's face. Violet again jumps up and down (seriously, where does the energy come from?) and she looks at me. "Come on! Let's get dressed together!" She grabs my arm and pulls me upstairs to her room. She opens her closet and sighs dramatically. "I have nothing to wear!" she shouts. "What are you talking about?" I ask. "You bought a new dress today! Wear that one!" Her eyes open as far as I have ever seen an eye open. "I totally forgot about that! thank you." She puts her arms around me for a few seconds and then lets go. "I should get dressed too, I'll see you later," I say before turning around and going to my own room.

After ten minutes Helena shouts. "Are you girls ready yet? We're waiting!" Violet runs into my room. I was just doing the last bit of my eyeliner and because of this the wing goes terribly wrong. I sigh and take a cleansing pad. It takes me two extra minutes to get my left wing just as on fleek as my right. I put on my new three inches heels and walk downstairs very unsteady, but with Violet by my side I still feel comfortable. "Finally girls! It took you forever," Helena grins.

"Good evening sir, mrs, and..." does the waiter try to say when we arrive at the restaurant. "Son, are you alright?" Adrien asks. "Ye... Yes sir, thank you. Please can I say, your daughter is the most beautiful girl I've ever seen." I blush. I put on my turquoise summerlike dress for a reason, but this wasn't it. I'm not used to this much, and this kind, of attention and it makes me feel uncomfortable. Helena sees it. "Can you show us our table please, we're quite hungry.

We order an entrée and a drink. "We have to discuss something else with you Kayla," Adrien says with a serious tone in his voice. "What is it?" I ask, a bit concerned. "Just like other kids your age with a home you will have to go to school," Helena answers. I sigh relieved. "I thought it would be worse!" Helena grins. "I told you, Adrien. She looked like someone who would actually like to go to school to me." Adrien nods. "We thought of Los-A high, it's a school for normal and gifted children and we think you would fit in great." I don't know what to respond. I have no idea what the school is like. "Uh, yeah sure." "The only part we don't really like is that you'll have to go by bus," Helena says carefully. I turn pale. I've never been on a bus before! I don't know where to get off the bus! What if I take the wrong one and get lost?! Helena sees the concern on my face. "Don't worry my dear," she comforts me, "I'll come with you at least once, and as many times as you want me to after that." I nod.

At that moment dinner gets served. The food is amazing. As entrée I have a Greek salad. As main I get the most amazing steak with the most lovely Italian food they call tagliatelle. My dessert contains three scoops of icecream in the flavours Vanilla, Mocca and Caramel. I am so stuffed at the end of the night that I actually feel fat. Throughout the diner Violet keeps asking if she can come with me to school. I don't know why, but she seems so fascinated by me! It's cute on one hand, on the other it's quite hard to deal with. I mean, how do you tell a seven-year-old girl she can't go to school with her model? She is supposed to be motivated to go there, not rejected. After the sixth time of asking she gave up, which was in my opinion for the best. I think she would've started crying otherwise.

Back home I go straight to my room. It's already 11pm and tomorrow I have to get up early because I have a conversation with the dean at 10 am. I brush my teeth with my new toothbrush, and brush my hair with my new comb. I put on my new pyjamas and get in my new bed. It all feels very perfect, but I feel like somethings missing. Not long after that missing part walks through my door in the form of Helena. She sits down on my bed and kisses my forehead. "Don't worry too much. Everything will turn out alright tomorrow." I nod. She gets up and closes the door quietly behind her.

When I'm almost asleep I hear my door crack. A few seconds later I hear a little voice near my ear asking: "Can I sleep with you tonight?" I'm too tired to really answer that so I just lift the tip of the cloth. I feel a little warm body crawling into my arms. When I feel Violets breathing getting steady I fall asleep as well.