Eleven

"You look amazing!" Yamile shouts through the room. I'm wearing a dark blue dress. It has a sweetheart strepless neckline, a tight bodice and a flowing skirt. The three inch black heels and the white little purse are making this outfit complete. "Don't I need any makeup?" I ask, looking in the mirror, ashamed of the way my face looks in this light. "You don't NEED it, but if you want it I can ask my sister to help. She's a stylist. Doing someone's makeup is her job." I nod. "Please?" I almost beg. "I'll ask her, wait here," she says while leaving the room.

After ten minutes of sitting real still I look even more stunning, now not only in body, but also in face. The bell rings and a few seconds later Paige and Callypso walk into the room. Yamile's sister tells us to have fun, but being carefull with alcohol and that kind of stuff, and then leaves us alone.The three girls line up in front of me and look at me with really serious faces. "What's going on?" I ask carefully. "We heard your parents don't give you a phone," Paige starts. I get anxious. This is the moment. The moment these girls turn out to be the school's bitches. They pranked me by acting as my friends. They are waiting for an answer before going on, so I nod. "That's why we decided," Callypso continues. "To give you my old one!" Yamile ends. I'm, in shock. somthing is put in my hand and I stare at it. Then I look up to them one by one. "Are you serious?" I gasp. "Yup we are. But there are some rules," Yamile explains. "Your parents can't find out. We don't want to get in trouble. You can't use internet besides WIFI so don't. It costs tons of money, and we can't spend that, or my parents find out. Do you understand?" She looks at me with piercing eyes. "Ye... Yes ofcourse!" I stutter. Yamile's eyes soften. "Alrighty then! What are we waiting for? Let's go to the party!" she shouts.

Yamile's mom drives us there. We hear the music already from a few blocks away. After one last warning about alcohol, drugs and sex she lets us go.

With the looks of fully confidential girls we walk into the house. It looks like the whole world stops turning for a few seconds and watches us coming in. Callypso replaces her glasses feeling uncomfortable, Paige just smiles and Yamile flips her hair back. Everyone starts talking again and we move on.

"I... I... I gotta pee," Yamile tries to say a few hours later. She is totally wasted after drinking too much alcohol. She turns around and just leaves me alone like that. Paige went to the jocks halfway the evening and Callypso went home because she threw up. Probably some flu, because she didn't drink a drip. As for me, I took a sip of Yamile's Bacardi bit I didn't like the taste and the feeling in my throat. I haven't drunk anything alcoholic after.

"Hey there cutie, didn't expect you to be here..." I hear from behind me. A smile appears on my face and I turn around. "Scott, hi," I answer. "You look nice cutie, almost like a proper lady!" he laughs. "Why thank you! You look almost like a manslut!" By the looks on his face I can tell he didn't like what I said. He pushes me against the wall en puts his face so close to mine I can smell his disgusting breath. "This again?" I sigh, "Be original please." His eyes almost turn black out of fury. He grabs my jaw and turns my face to him. "Nobody talks to me like that!" "Maybe no one except me can handle you!" I spit in his face. His grip softens. He obviously is confused. "I told you I could handle you," I say to tease him even more. He grins "We'll see about that."
Without any warning he puts his lips on mine. I don't know how to respond and try to pull back. Unfortunately there is no back, there's a wall. I try to push him away but he's too strong.

Suddenly he gets pulled of me. "The lady doesn't want you, you dickface!" I see a silhouette punch Scott in the face. Then he turns to me. "Are you okay Kayla?" he asks. Wait... I knkw him... "Evan? What are you doing here?! You punched him!" Evan doesn't understand my reaction. "I saved your ass, that's what I did!" All of a sudden I remember how annoyed I was with him and that he's a creep. "My ass was perfectly fine! Now call an ambulance thank you!" Evan sighs, turns around and walks away. Some of Scott's friends gathered around him to check if he's okay.

Paige shows up as well. "What happened here?" she laughs. "Someone punched Scott out after he...." I actually don't want to tell her. "After he atacked a girl," I finish. "Really?" Paige can't stop laughing. Scott makes a little noise telling us he's still alive. The ambulance arrives and Scott gets picked up. His friends seem to give no shits anymore so I turn to Paige. "Someone has to go with him! Tell Yamile where I am please, I would have slept at her place tonight!" "Are you sure about this?" she asks "He's no good remember?"  I nod. "Someone has to, and I can handle him!" Without waiting for an answer I turn around and run to the exit. I jump in the back of the ambulance just before the door gets closed.

What am I doing? I ask myself. I probably shouldn't be doing this but something in this boy draws my attention. He just can't leave my mind alone! Sometimes he makes a little noise and my heart jumps. I just really really hope I made the right choice with coming with him...