Thirteen

*knock knock* without waiting for an answer some girl opens the door and walks into the room. Where was I again? I can't remember how I got here... This dark boy's room... The answer comes with this girl's voice. "I'm Leilani, Scott's sister," she says looking me straight in the eyes. Everything comes back to me. How we got to the party, Scott nearly died and how I ended up wearing his sweater sleeping in his bed. "He asked me te bring you some of my clothes, so here I am. Do you think you can handle this?" She shows me a black tight dress knee-length. I nod. I can handle black, I'm fierce. She lays it down on a chair and then continues looking at me.

I feel really uncomfortable. Does she expect me to get out of bed, half naked, while she watches me? "Be careful with my brother," she says after a very awkward minute. I don't really understand. Is she really warning me for her own brother? He must be a monster if even his own sister tells others to stay away from him. "He never let anyone stay before, it might be that you're very special to him. Don't take advantage of it." She turns around and leaves me alone with my thought.

Maybe she didn't mean I have to be careful, maybe she wants her brother to be careful... And what did she mean by 'He never let anyone stay before'? Scott has been with many girls before, everyone knows that. I don't take long to think about it. If Scott told his sis to bring me some clothes I can assume he's up already. I don't want to make him wait for long.

It takes me two minutes to fit myself in the dress. It's just so tight! But when I'm finally in it, I remember Yamile. She must be worried! She has no idea I went to Scott's after last night. I find my phone but realise I don't have internet. A text should do then. I tell her everything is fine and that she shouldn't worry. I'll come and pick up my stuff as soon she tells me I can. After hitting send I decide to go downstairs, to the boy who's life I saved last night.

"That dress looks great on you!" Leilani greets me the moment I wnter the living room. As stung by a bee Scott gets up from the couch, turnes around and checks me out. I start blushing. "You can have it if you want, I have lots of other dresses," Leilani continues. Scott is still checking me out. His eyes went from my face down to my feet and are now moving back up. They stop somewhere around my chest. "It sure looks great on you," he mumbles. Against all my expectations he starts blushing as well.

"Good morning Kayla," I hear a familiar voice behind my back. I turn around and see Mrs Matlock standing in the door opening. "Do you want some bacon and eggs?" I nod. I could really use some breakfast. She turns around and walks away again. I think towards the kitchen. I myself turn back again to Scott. He looks as red as a tomato.

"I know... She's my mother," he admits with a soft small squeeking voice. Is giggle. "Why is that so bad? She seems really nice!" "Yes, but she's the f**king dean! That's just embarrassing!" Scott almost starts to shout, but keeps it back in the last second. I really don't understand his problem, and start getting mad at him for being this unreasonable.

Just before I start shouting Mrs. Matlock comes back with a plate and a smell like heaven itself. "Now don't fight you two. I'm sure Kayla won't tell anyone and has no problem with it to know herself." She gives me the plate and winks at me. "Thank you Mrs. Matlock," I thank her. "Please, call me Naomi. At school I'm Mrs." Another wink. And then again she leaves the room. "If I ever find out you told anybody..." Scott sizzles with his hands fold in fists. "SCOTT!" we hear coming from the hall. He sighs and let the tense flow from his body. "Let's go upstairs to get your stuff. Your parents shall be worried." He walks past me through the door, up the stairs. I follow silently.

When I enter his room he closes the door behind me. He has a beastly look in his eyes. "You know dresses like that could kill a boy?" he growls. I get scared. What does he want? He comes to me slowly, but I back up. Until I get my back to the wall. But he's still coming at me, and I start to panic. He pushes my hands above me to the wall and kisses me passionately. At first I don't really understand what's happening, so I kiss him back. When I come back to mind I push him off, but he is too strong. I realise I have to be aggressive to make him stop. I pull up my knee and place it right between his legs. He immediately lets me go, of course. I step away from him and get my stuff.

On my way out I come past Leilani's room. "Thanks again for the dress, I really like it!" I say to her without stopping. When I come to the great hall I meet Mrs Matlock. I want to thank her for the breakfast, but I don't even have the chance. "No problem, I would really like to see you again," she says. I am confused, so I just nod and walk on, without saying another thing.

The fresh air does me good. I wonder if I'll ever come here again. Depends on if Scott will ever say sorry for his acts. I should really hate him right now, but somehow I still feel a strong attraction to him. I put it aside, try not to think about him, and start my search for Yamile's place.