Nine

Together Yamile and I walk to the cafeteria. She shows me all the food, and introduces me to the lunchlady. She's a nice, elder woman, who wants to earn some more money. We both take a plate but then I realize; I don't have any money. "Lunch is included in the price your parents have to pay each year," the lunchlady comforts me. My mood goes up to 100 and I smile. I load my plate with a few sandwiches, some salad, yoghurt and hot coco. How I love hot coco!! I drank it only once, in the restaurant, but it felt like God Himself peeing in my mouth. Yamile laughs and points to a table on the other side of the room. Two girls sit there already. "Let's go over there, I want you to meet my best friends," Yamile says. She starts walking without waiting for an answer.

"Hi," Yamile greets the girls. I wave and say hi too. "Hi, join us!" one of them says. "I'm Paige! Nice to meet you!" she says. The other girl doesn't say a thing, she looks a bit shy. "This is Callypso, she doesn't say much to new ones, but if she likes you, she won't ever shut up!" Yamile laughs. "Callypso? As in the creature from Pirates of the Carribean?" I ask carefully, trying not to insult her. The opposite happens. She looks up, and smiles at me. "Yeah, it is. I didn't know anyone on this earth knew," she says. "Oh, I love those movies! I've watched them a million times!" I shout, and I look around to see if someone noticed. "I don't know why my parents chose this name, but it suits me," she answers. "Sit down," Yamile smiles. I do as she says.

"Have you asked her for the party yet?" Paige asks Yamile. "Oh gosh, not this..." Callypso sighs. I look at them. What is going on here? Callypso answers the question I never asked out loud. "There's a party this weekend. They asked me as well, but I don't really want to go." Paige looks at me. "You'll come right? Don't be a party pooper," she says. Yamile nods. "It will be so much fun! You can come over that day and we'll do makeup together!" I look at Callypso. "They won't take no for an answer, don't try," she laughs awkwardly. "You just said you don't want to go yourself," I say confused. Is this a trap, is she using me to prevent that she has to go? She giggles. "And see what it braught me! They will drag me there if I don't go myself!" Paige and Yamile both laugh and nod. "You are so right Cally! Don't resist Kayla, it's no use!" "Okay, fine..." I say with the sound and feeling of hesitation in my voice. "Good! Saturday, 4 pm, my place! No need to take clothes, I have the perfect dress for you!" Yamile claps her hands, It's obvious she is really excited. The school bell rings and it's time for Physics.

I say goodbye to the girls, they don't have physics with me. "Wait!" Yamile shouts when I already turned around, ready to walk away. "What is your number? I'll text you my adress" I blush. "My... my number?" I mumble. "Yeah silly! You know, your phone number?" Paige reacts. My cheeks get even more red. "I don't have a phone..." My eyes search on the ground for a holr to jump in and just disappear. "Oh really? No problem, just give me your arm then!" Yamile doesn't seem to notice my discomfort. She grabs my left arm and writes her adress and her number on it. "Call me when you get a phone," she says, right before running away to her next class.

The following classes are kind of boring. The girls I met aren't there with me, and the ones I sit next to, don't bother to try to connect with me. I don't even see Scott anywhere. On the other hand I could say I'm lucky with that. I don't get distracted and pay attantion in every lesson.

When the last class gets dismissed I go to my locker and put my books in it. All around me are youngster who need to take their books home to do some homework. I'm really glad that I did it in class. My afternoon will be very relaxed. I walk outside and see Helena standing there with Violet. "You came! Why?" I ask them, the sound of joy filling my voice. "I figured you would like some companie on your first Bus ride home. You know, t show you where you have to get of," Helena answers. "How was it?" Violet asks. I tell her everything that happened today. About My lessons, my new friend and how amazing lunch was. I tell everything except about Scott and the upcoming party. I don't want Helena to know about Scott, she would probably get mad. I'll ask her later if I can go to the party, I don't want to rush it. I'll ask when we're at home, with a nice cup of tea. We get to the bus stop and have to wait a little while. After 15 minutes the bus arrives and we drive home.