But You Can't Hide

Steve's P.O.V.

 She stabs me right in the arm.

Ouch

That hurt

I groaned and fall to the ground next to Bucky.

"Y-you d-did t-t-this i-i-idiot." Came a weak voice beside me.

"Don't you DARE say that! I'd NEEEEEVER hurt him!" Came a raspy voice in response.

"Y/n..." I whisper.

"Don't die..." I croak. She didn't hear me.

Then I heard a horrifying sound.

Someone was stabbed.

Don't kill her! Please!  I shout, but no words came out.

"You'll die soon." Says the sick girl with a laugh.

"I've done this more than  once with other girls." 

Then I heard the crunching of glass underneath feet and low giggling.

"Bye-bye!" She says, letting out an evil laugh.

Y/n...... I whisper.

She is gone! What do I do!

That's when I spotted a shard of glass next to me. I picked it up and with all my might, I threw it at her head.

"OW!" She shouts. I pretended to be dead, just in case. She turns around and grabs Bucky. Their lips touch and she kisses him.

"You have soft lips." She murmurs. Then he slaps her. Then a punch her in the chest. Then an uppercut. Then a kick in the gut.

She groans and falls to the floor with cuts and bruises.

"Nice." I say, grinning.

"Thanks" He response with a laugh.

I find the strength and lift myself up.

"Y/n is dead." I say to him soberly. He looks at me and tears start to form.

"Where is everyone?" He asks, wiping his eyes. 

"I don't know, actually. Can you get up?" He shrugs his shoulders and brings himself up. I do the same and grab a loose clothe and apply it to the cut. It's a bit deep but I'm sure it'll heal sooner or later leaving only a scar behind.

"Let's go looking. We need help right away."

"Wait-" Bucky says and looks out the window.

"She's gone." He says walking out the door.

"Let's go."

  We walk out and go looking for everyone. That's when we heard the sound of armor.

"I heard you're looking for her." Comes a voice. That's Tony.

"I managed to catch her before she hit the ground. You should thank me for saving your beloved girl." He says, smirking.

Man, sometimes I just want to punch him in his perfect teeth.

He gives her to Bucky and he rushes her to Hospital Wing. Tony glances over at me. I speak.

"Who is that crazy girl?" His smile drops.

"Caden," He says, shaking his head.

"She was part of Hydra and was the one to help torture Bucky. She's obviously crazy and wants Bucky to herself. I guess she fell in "love" with him and wants him all to herself." 

"Do you know her? You know, like ever met?" He nods his head.

" We went to the same High school and had the same interests. So we went to the same class and became friends. We never dated but I started getting the feeling that I liked her. Then one day she didn't show up for class. I thought she was just sick, but she was out for a month and that's when I knew I'd never see her again. Well, I was wrong. She came back 2 months after her disappearance and she was insane. She went around laughing and crying trying to murder anyone who came up to her. When I went up to her, she seemed to forget who I even was and swung her knife at me. She started to advance on my screaming 'YOU TOOK THEM AWAY FROM ME! YOU TOOK THEM ALL AWAY FROM ME!' and she wouldn't stop trying to kill me until the police came and took her away." He looked down and closed his eyes. I swear I saw a tear drop.

"We should go see how Y/n is doing." I said, walking ahead.

"Yeah" He mutters.

We go over there and I sit next to her bed. Bucky on the other side. She looked tired and she had small cuts all over her face, arms, and legs and a hole in her stomach. She was a wreck.

"Will she survive?"   I asked.

"Yeah, she seems to be healing rather quickly." states Bucky.

"Oh. Hey Tony, Where is everyone else?" I asks turning to him.

"They went home. Today was our day off." He says in a matter-of-fact tone.

Then we hear an ear-splitting laugh. It was Caden. Oh great.

"I've got this. You two take care of Y/n." Tony says, walking calmly to the room. I turn my focus back onto Y/n. Bucky was holding her hand and staring into her face. She seemed to be dreaming a good dream because she had a soft smile on her face.

'Sleep well, y/n'