Chapter 1: I'm Addison.

everything stopped in that moment, as soon as the machine went flat I couldn't breathe I felt as though I was suffocating and there was nothing I could do to stop it, I couldn't describe the unbearable pain I was currently feeling.
I can't believe this was happening why does bad things happen to good people? Demi's such a genuine person and I can't imagine my life without her, two strong arms were gripping onto my chest and dragging me out of the white room where I watched Demi lay their lifeless, all the doctors were surrounding the bed trying to bring her back to life and in that moment I knew I lost the best thing to ever happen to me.

Collapsing to the ground I lost it I couldn't stop screaming and punching the wall, my leg was in so much pain but that was the last thing on my mind right now. Looking up I watched everyone look at me all these strangers giving me weird looks and judging me, they have no idea what I'm going through therefore have no fucking right to judge me.

"What the fuck you all looking at?" I screamed causing them all to jump and quickly look away.

"Addison, please breathe baby girl" mum slid down the wall and wrapped her arms around me rocking me in her arms and running her fingers through my messy hair.

"I-I can't, s-she's g-gone" I sobbed into her arms gripping onto her like my life depended on it.

"They are doing everything they can sweetheart, Demi's a fighter she will overcome this just like you did. She was there for you the last few months while you were laying there and I know how much she loves you, she proved it the last few months and by the way she admires you like you're the most precious thing in the world. What you guys have is real and that will be enough to keep you both going."

"She better wake up, honestly I don't know how much I can take if she doesn't"

"Addison I'm sorry to interrupt but it's time to go back to your room" the nurse said helping me up and guiding me back to my room, I had no energy left in me to fight.

After getting back into the hospital bed mum sat in the chair across from me, I thought about Demi and then it hit me.. Her family! They must be worried, I have to call them.

"We need to call her family mum!" I panicked

"I've already done it sweetheart they will be here as soon as they can" I nodded and stared outside the window, this room had a decent view. I knew Demi's family lived far away and could only imagine how they are feeling, they are going to hate me once they realise 1. Their daughter is dating her student. 2. I'm the reason she is laying in a hospital bed on life support. They've been through enough with loosing Daniel they don't need to go through this again.

I sat there lost in my own thoughts that I didn't realise someone standing in front of me, looking straight at them I realised who it was.. my loves mother and next to her was her husband I assumed.

"Hi sweetheart, I'm Mary and this is my husband Lucas and you've probably guessed we are Demetria's parents" she looked so much like Demi, they had very similar features but Lucas looked hardly anything like his daughter only the eyes. 

"Hi nice to meet you guys, I'm Addison" I pulled out my hand for them to shake not knowing what to do in this situation but Mary hugged me instead followed by Lucas.

"We know we've heard so much about you! Addison never shuts up about you, I must say you're as beautiful as she described" I couldn't stop the smile that was forming on my face, she talked about me to her family? They know about me and accept us.. Wow.

"Thank you, all good things I hope. She's told me so much about you guys, good to meet you both.. I'm really sorry" whispering the last bit, I knew if I never met Demi then she wouldn't be basically dead right now and it wouldn't surprise me if her family were ready to put me 6 feet under.

"Honey don't blame yourself, there's nothing anyone could of done. Once Demi's made he mind up that's it, she will do anything for the ones she loves even if that means risking her own life. She loves you Addison she really does I could tell by the way she'd talk about you.. She's never been like that towards anyone" nodding I wiped away the tears that we're currently streaming down my face.

Mum walked back into the room with dad by her side he had crutches and just looked at me with a sympathetic smile.

"Any update?" I asked looking at them both and they both just shake their heads.

"Have you seen her yet?" I asked looking back at Mary and Lucas

"Yes we have, the doctors got her connected to the machine but don't know if she'll be able to wake up without the machine supporting her"
Lucas explained to us. I watched as my parents were talking to Mary and Lucas about everything that's happened they were too focused on their conversation to realise I snuck out and walked closer to Demi's room, she has to wake up.
Reaching the door I quickly check to make sure there was no one in the room or close by and once it was all clear I snuck it and sat on the bed admiring the beauty right in front of me, even though she was pale and looked lifeless she looked peaceful. Running my hands through her shoulder length black hair I remembered how much she loved it when I did it considering it made her relaxed, the machine was beeping making me look up I realised she was breathing but still unconscious.

"Not sure if you can hear me or not baby but I just want you to know how much you mean to me, I love you so fucking much and don't know what I'd do without you so please wake up, I need you. It's only been a few months but it feels like years, I want all my firsts and lasts to be with you. I never wanted to get married but I'm willing to if you're the one meeting me at the other end, I'd do anything to make you happy and see you smile again. I want to have kids and spend the rest of my life with you, making you happy. I'll never be able to thank you enough for what you've done for me and forever tell you how stupid you're for risking your life for me!"
I couldn't stop the tears running down my face I was an absolute mess, a zombie from the walking dead.

"When did you become so cheesy and romantic?" I almost had a heart attack when I heard that voice, it can't be? Can it? I looked at her face and she was looking at me smiling.

"Also I love you too baby" 

I couldn't believe it I jumped off the bed and almost screamed from the pain that I felt when I did that and faced the door where I found both of our parents and the nurses with tears down their faces. 

"She's awake, Alive" I whispered towards them and they all nodded smiling.

"Wait" I quickly said and hopped back to the bed to quickly make sure I wasn't dreaming and she laughed when I came back over. Cupping her face with my hands I kissed her passionately with everything I had in me, scared it was the last time I'd ever feel her lips against mine. The kiss was like nothing I've experience before, there was so much love and desperation in it.. It was incredible.

Demi's parents walked over towards the bed and gave her the biggest hug and kissed her forehead multiple times which caused everyone to laugh.

"We love you so much Demetria, please don't scare us ever again!" Lucas warned.

"I can't promise anything, if my baby is in trouble I'll protect her at all costs"

"Well look at who's being cheesy and romantic now" I spoke sarcastically smiling like and idiot, I don't know what I ever did to deserve such an incredible human being.