Chapter 6: content.

Addison's Pov

There's literally only a month or so left of school and I couldn't be more excited to leave this shit hole, also my birthday is in a few days and I'll finally be legal which I'm keen about.

"Babe it's almost your birthday what do you want to do?" Demi questioned changing the channel.

"Just to go out for lunch with you, Sam and my parents" I shrugged looking at my phone.

"Are you sure you don't want a big party or anything like the other kids these days?"

"You guys have asked me this 20 times within the last month! I'm over having parties, all you do is invite people who pretend they give two shits about you so they can come to your party and get shit faced. I'd rather just spend it with you"

"Just making sure baby, I have something planned for you anyways" she said giving me a quick peck.

"What is it?"

"It's a surprise"

"Well you aren't spending anything on me, I told you before I don't want anything just you"

"You only turn 18 once, you're my love of course I'm going to spoil you!"

"Let's go strippers?" I suggested smirking knowing how she would react.

"Fuck off, no ones touching you. You're mine.
God I'll give you a lap dance or whatever you want but we ain't going"

"But I only turn 18 once right?"

"Fine if you really want to go we will but only because it's your birthday and you're too cute to say no to."

"Kidding baby, you're all I need. I just love seeing you get all protective."

"Good"

"Add, get ready we are going shopping to find you something for your birthday lunch" mum yelled from downstairs

"Also here's $150 get something fancy for my plans"

"I'm not taking your money, aren't you coming?" I questioned

"Just take it and no I have some things to do and pick up" she gave me a hug and kiss before leaving which gave me time to hurry up and get changed to go shopping.

After a few hours I finally found two different dresses, one for lunch and the other for Demi's surprise.

Dad comes home tonight and I'm so excited I haven't seen him in a month or so, mum was also happy and said they have a surprise for me and I couldn't wait to find out what it is. They said it's much greater than anything I've ever received.

...

All four of us were sitting in the lounge room and I was getting impatient looking at my parents who were smiling at each other knowing how much it was driving me insane that they weren't telling me what the surprise was, I looked to my left and rolled my eyes at Demi showing how annoyed I was getting.

"For the love of god just spill it already!" I whined sitting back on the couch crossing my arms while pouting my lips.

"Do you notice anything about your mother?" Dad questioned and I looked at her trying to suss out where he was going with this.

"Did you get your hair done?" I questioned not noticing anything different

"Nope" she answered while smiling

I looked in between the two and tried to figure out what was going on.

"Did you get a tattoo representing your goddess of a daughter?" I questioned smirking

"nope that shit is permanent and I'm pretty sure you're going to hell" mum laughed

"Meet you there lovely" we all laughed and it really bugged me that I couldn't figure out what they are trying to tell me.

"wait!" I stood up and looked at my mum one more time.

Her stomach, it was bigger than usual and my mother wasn't naturally fat. she was wearing a loose top and she has been for the last few months but looking at it now I'm starting to understand what they are talking about.

"You have a bun in the oven?!" I questioned looking at both of their faces and watching their grins expand while nodding.

"Holy fucking shit, I am going to be a big sister" I squealed jumping up and down, running over to my parents I congratulate them both.

I ran towards Demi who was laughing at my reaction and she caught me when I jumped on her.

"I- I'm going to be a big sister"

"I know baby, how exciting!"

"This is what dreams are made of.." I sung

"How far along are you and what's the gender?" I asked snuggling into Demi while she runs her fingers through my hair.

"Well I didn't find out until a week ago when I felt really sick and turns out I'm 6 months pregnant with a girl." I've always found it so weird when people don't realise they are pregnant, my mum has always been naturally skinny and doesn't look really big, you can just notice the bump. I'm so happy she's having a girl I've always wanted to be a big sister, wouldn't care what sex the kid was.. best early birthday present ever! Thanks to my parents for making a bun in the oven.

We all just sat in the lounge room chatting away about the most random things, it's such an amazing feeling when my dad is home.

"Hey kiddo, once this kid is born I'm going to start working from home again" dad announced

"Really?!"

"Of course sweetheart, I did the same thing when you were born and I'm over being away from those who mean the most to me, I've been trying for a few years to find a way to work from home again and I've finally achieved it."

I couldn't help the tears that streamed down my face, Demi leaned towards me to wipe away my tears. My parents are my favourite humans in this crazy world, they aren't just my parents but also my best friends. I couldn't imagine growing up in a different family, honestly wouldn't change them for the world. Demi? I didn't know what true love and happiness was until she came into my life, the love my parents gave me was plenty but there was a piece missing and she has filled that spot. She keeps me sane and majority of the time drives me insane but hey you get the best of both worlds. I wouldn't have it any other way.

In this moment I am honestly content with life.