3: After Curfew Party

GOAL: 19 VOTES & 7 COMMENTS

Chapter Three

"Kind of weird meeting up with you here," Matt chuckled, walking over to me. "This was Elena and I's old make-out spot."

"Didn't need to know that," I said, grimacing. "Sounds digsuting."

"I'm sure you and Stefan have done worse," he retorted, smirking.

"Shhh," I giggled and he rolled his eyes at me. "Thank you. For doing this," I said seriously as he stood in front of me. "I can't keep anything else down."

"It's okay. I kind of owe you my life, remember?" Matt replied, jokingly.

"Yeah, but I didn't make Stefan save your life so I could turn you into a human blood bag," I sighed, running a hand through my--as usual--straight hair.

"Kenzie, please, just let me do this for you," he said, rolling up the sleeve of his jacket and shirt underneath. I stared into his blue eyes and he nodded at me. I grabbed his arm and bit into his wrist. It was good and then it got really good.

I didn't feed too long before pulling away. The taste was too intoxicating and I didn't want to go too far. But that was enough to sustain me from starving. "Is that enough?" Matt asked me while I fetched a napkin out of my 'Vera Bradley' bookbag.

"No," I answered, wiping my mouth with the napkin. "But if I had any more I'm afraid I wouldn't stop. Here," I said, putting the napkin away and digging out a band-aid. I was very prepared for this.

I opened it and put it over his wrist where the bite was. "Thank you," I whispered to him just as the school bell rang. Time for our first period. Ugh. Why did I think coming here was a good idea?

I jumped down from my spot and Matt did the same, coming to my side. "You really think school is the best place for you right now?" He asked.

"The vampire hunter knows that Damon's a vampire and that I know Damon. Hiding at home would be more suspicious," I explained. "Besides, I want to be here. It's my senior year. I survived this long. There's no way I'm bailing before graduation."

He chuckled and we made our way past the student parking lot. I frowned as I saw yellow flyers on every windsheild. I finally stopped walking and grabbed one to read over it. "Town called for curfew?" I asked, looking at Matt in confusion.

"Tyler got shot in front of half the twon. Everyone's a little freaked," Matt explained.

"If only they knew the real story," I scoffed and he shrugged. "Hey, where's my twin?"

"She should be here. I gave her ride and said I was meeting up with you."

"Does she know that I'm...?" I trailed off.

"Nope," he answered and I nodded.

"You c-can tell her," I stuttered.

"Kenz, you're fine. She's not going to be upset. And it's my body. I'm fine," he said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder. "And speaking of our lovers, where's yours? Stefan coming to school today?"

"Of course. My boyfriend slash babysitter has to keep an eye on me," I joked and he laughed, nudging me softly.

***

Stefan stood right outside of our history room. I was now alone. Matt and Elena both had just walked inside. "Hey, sexy," I greeted my boyfriend. I didn't spend the night with him yesterday. Worst sleep ever. I'm still tired even after 2 cups of coffee this morning.

"Hey, beautiful," he smiled, wrapping his arms around me. I pecked his lips the ran a hand through his hair, helping to keep it styled up. "Ready for today?"