5: Killer

This chapter is pretty long. There's a lot of good moments and drama in it. So hope you all enjoy 😁

GOAL: 17 VOTES & 6 COMMENTS

Chapter Five

"Dear Diary, I know it's been a while. A long while. I haven't needed--I haven't wanted to write this stuff down. But I don't want to say it out loud, either. The thing is, I'm a vampire. And I don't know how to be one. I feel hopeless, depressed, angry. But most of all, I'm scared," I wrote messily in my journal.

I sighed and leaned my head against the wall my back was against. I was sitting at my bay window in my Batman pajamas. I was trying to pull my thoughts together. "Part of me wants to end it all. But then I think of Jeremy. He's my best friend, if I died, he'd fall apart all over again like after our parents. Then there's Elena. My twin, having a baby with her first love. I don't want to miss that or send her in a stressful, depressing state. It isn't good for her pregnancy. And then there's Stefan. The one person who means the world to me. I wanted forever with him. But our forever may just be tearing us apart. Stefan and I won't admit to each other that since I've turned, things between us are more tense, more serious, but in way that has only caused conflicts instead of closer intimacy. It's hard talking to each other about how we feel about my new found vampirism. It's like we're biting our tongues and not sharing our opinion or thoughts, like we used to. Despite all that, he's the love of my life. He'd be a wreck without me as I would be if I ever lost him. So I need to find a way through this. No matter what it takes. I wanted my fairy tale ending with my Prince Charming. As vampires, like I always planned for us," I scribbled down before, shutting my old purple diary.

I slipped my diary into my top, underwear drawer. My pink diary back at Stefan's, the one he got me for my summer without him. He was still currently reading the daily messages I had left for him. I then headed to my ensuite for a shower. I had early appointment with my therapist, also my very last. Which I haven't told Stefan or Jeremy, the two people who knew I even went to therapy.

***

As I opened my bedroom door to walk out, Damon walked straight past me into my room, his shoulder bumping into mine. "Excuse me. What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Where's Stefan?" He questioned.

"Okay. Uh, good morning to you," I sighed, taking a step closer to the blue eyed vamp in the middle of my bedroom.

"He's not answering his phone. And he's not here, which, big deal, we've only got a killer vampire hunter on the loose," Damon said.

"I haven't talked to him yet today," I answered honestly.

"Hmm," he hummed before walking towards me until there was less than a foot between us. He put out a hand in front of me, between our bodies. "Give me your phone. Maybe he's dodging me."

"Why would he be dodging you?" I frowned, digging in my purse over my shoulder for my phone to hand it over.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe the hot, sweaty dance-party business," Damon said sarcastically. "I figured you spilled your guilty little guts the minute I left last night."

I blushed, recalling EVERYTHING last night from the party up until Damon left Stefan and I on the porch last night. I sighed as I handed over my phone to him, without saying anything.

"Oh. You didn't tell him, did you?" Damon smiled, cockily. But it was still gorgeous. He had really nice white teeth. Beautiful smile. But Stefan's was so knee-buckling sweet and adorable with a side of perfection.

"No, Damon. I didn't tell him that I got high on blood like some crackhead and then dirty danced with you," I replied casually and his lips stayed in a close lipped smile. "It was a mistake. Okay? I wasn't myself. And besides he's got enough to deal with already, trying to get me through this vampire stuff."