14: Island Search

~You guys are not ready for this! It's gonna be good. Excuse the fact Kenzie and her emotions, her actions, etc. are all over the place. But the chapter is long and it's gonna be good. So drop as many comments as you can, emotions are haywire 😜

GOAL: 22 VOTES & 10 COMMENTS!

Chapter Fourteen

"He did what?!" Elena shreiked and I huffed nodding. After Jer's tattoo appeared Elena and Matt showed up. I quickly ushered them back out, requesting to go home to get some things for my new sudden trip. And begged Matt to let me stay with them at his house tonight to get away from both Damon and Stefan.

"I'm just so angry. I mean I'm over flowing with jealousy, I can admit that. And maybe I shouldn't be. We're not together. In all fairness, I've slept with Damon. More than once. But I just can't shake the idea or images I'm getting of Rebekah running her slimy hands on any part of Stefan," I ranted, huffing and tugging at my hair.

"Knock, knock," Matt's voice suddenly came. We looked to see him in the open doorway of his bedroom. He shot us a small smile as he said, "It's late. You both need your sleep."

"No, baby. Get out!" Elena whispered yelled, throwing a throw pillow at him. "Gossip is just getting good. Stefan slept with Rebekah--"

"Elena!" I hissed angrily. I didn't need the reminder or her telling everyone. Matt quickly left the room, shutting the door behind him.

"So what are you going to do now?" Elena asked me, furrowing her brows and frowning as she shot me a look of sympathy.

"Nothing. I have to go with him and Damon to find the cure bright and early tomorrow," I scoffed, rolling my eyes. I didn't even want to go anymore. It's not like they needed me to go anyways.

"I meant, you promised both of them that you'd make a decision once you found the cure."

"I can't possibly pick between them now!" I shouted, stressing over that now. I forgot all about that. I was too busy planning ways to kill Rebekah. First things first, Jeremy was handing over that white oak stake. That was step one.

"Kenzie, you have to. And soon, before Stefan moves on--"

"What the hell, Elena?" I frowned, smacking her on the arm. She gasped and rubbed her arm while sending me a pointed look.

"You're stringing them along," she stated. "Now who are you going to pick?"

"I don't know," I whined.

"Well, how do you feel about Stefan right now?"

"Angry," I snapped. "I'm so pissed off with him. I just...I want to know how--why--when he even did it."

"Besides what he's done," she added and I sighed.

"It's like I keep holding onto our past and then everytime I see him, I'm just so dissappointed in him. He's like this whole new person. But I still miss him. I still depend on him to just take care of me. It's like I'm helpless without him. And just... Every fiber in my being is fighting any will I have to let him go and try with Damon," I confessed, running my tired hands over my face.

"And Damon?" She asked, her voice soft and hesitant.

"Jesus Christ, I can't even sleep without thinking about him," I admitted. "I dream about us fucking literally every single night. It's like I'm insatiable. If I even look at him for longer than a minute I want him to pin me down to literally any surface!"

"Besides sex, what do you feel?"

"I don't know. He's just so reliable these days, more than ever. He's the first one there whenever I need someone. And god, my heart swells every time he opens up just enough to show me how sweet he really is under that hard exterior. Seriously, I could of died of happiness when he said he cared about Jeremy," I gushed.