21: A Stolen Dress

~Okay so it's been a while. Got busy lately so updates might be once a week for a little while. But enjoy this chapter!

Chapter Twenty-One

I was walking down the street with Rebekah, talking about the cure. Apparently, Katherine ended up giving it to Elijah, without him agreeing to strike up a deal with Klaus on her behalf like they originally planned. Now Elijah's made a deal with Rebekah, if she could go a day, TODAY, without any vampire privledges than he'd hand over the cure to her. "You're gonna fail," I stated blantanly. "You should be locking yourself inside all day not shopping for prom."

"Name me a more human experience than senior prom," Rebekah retorted.

"Death," I shrugged and she glared back at me. "You realize you won't even be able to compell yourself a date, right?"

"Yes, and last I checked, you were living in my house because I'm the only one that can tolerate you. I thought your humanity was back on," she grumbled.

"It is. But I'm cranky. As you mentioned I'm leaving in your house. Mine is burned down. I can't bare to face my sister nor thirdwheel with her and Matt in his home. I definitely can't stay in a house with Damon. Caroline's pissed with me, not that I can blame her, and even if she wasn't I couldn't stay with her cause I hurt her mom. That and the fact just thinking about her makes my blood boil. More or less than when my humanity was off because Stefan's actually staying with her," I ranted.

"He could have stayed at my house, you know?" She said and I snorted.

"Yeah, and give me nightmares about how he was in your bed a few weeks ago. No thanks. Only reason I'm holding myself together is because I know nothing's ever actually happened with him and Caroline," I said.

"Changing the subject--back to prom, where's the nearest dress shop?" She asked.

"Up ahead is the place I got my dress from. I'll help you pick one while mine gets fitted for tonight," I told her.

"Ooh, I can't wait to see yours," she smiled and I rolled my eyes but couldn't fight back my own grin. I was secretly excited to be going to prom. And with Stefan nonetheless. Speaking of my boyfriend, I haven't talked him all morning or even last night.

A bell chimed as Rebekah and I entered the small boutique shop. My eyes darting to the only other customers in the store: Caroline and Bonnie. I was relieved my sister wasn't here to be honest. But I wasn't ready to face Bonnie either and I didn't want to see Caroline's face, any time soon.

"Kenzie," Bonnie smiled and I gave her a small wave. I led Rebekah over to the front counter and I spoke to the lady working here. Told her about my dress and she quickly went to fetch it out for me so I can try it on again.

I then walked over to Bonnie and Caroline. The latter glaring at me with hands in fist while she sported a familiar hot pink dress. And it wasn't the one she originally picked out. It was the one she talked me out of not buying when we first came shopping in this particular dress shop. "Pretty dress, Caroline," I said innocently, looking it over. It was beautiful.

"I know. We saw it months ago when we were prom dress shopping, when we were friends, before you tried to kill me," she snapped.

"I thought it looked familiar," I replied. Did she think just because I lost my humanity and it's been a few months I'd forget about the pink dress I fell in love with? The one she was wearing now. The same dress that she told me while I tried it on was "too bright and too plain. And come on, you ALWAYS wear pink dresses," she had moaned annoyingly to me without a single compliment. "And Stefan probably doesn't want to wear pink to prom just to match you," she added that afternoon.