10: Back at the Lakehouse

~Chapter 10 already! These books go so fast. All the chapters so far in book 4 have been longer than any other. Hope you appreciate it now.

Beginning question of the chapter: Your favorite name starting with the letter V. Boy and/or girl name. MY ANSWER: Violet and Victor/Vic

GOAL: 19 VOTES & 5 COMMENTS

Chapter Ten

I rolled over in the bed facing Damon. His eyes still closed. He looked so sweet and cute when he was sleeping. Almost innocent like but still with his rugged features. His lips parted as he blew out a puff of air. "This would be so much more fun if we were naked," he said.

I leaned in kissing him softly and he kissed me back lazily. "That was your call not mine," I panted softly as we pulled away. Our eyes both opened as he rolled his eyes, smirking.

"I was being a gentleman," he said and I giggled, flickign his nose. He sighed and rolled over onto his back so we weren't so close and facing each other. We had just taken a small nap after he got home. "You shouldn't have stayed."

I rolled onto my back, sighing. "I know," I said. It was like the more I stay around him the more I like it and the further I put myself from Stefan. Which was the last thing I wanted while trying to figure out my feelings. Damon and I need to be apart and break this sire bond then I can see what to do about liking both brothers.

Cause exploring more with Damon means giving Stefan up, and that's a year and a half, the best year of my life I'd be letting go of. Letting go of my first love, first boyfriend. It was like missing half of myself.

But running back to Stefan now meant this dull ache in my chest. Back to where Stefan and I just were. Him trying to fix me. Damon loving me either way I have been. And being there for me. I can't be with Stefan as Damon inches himself closer and closer into my heart, no longer like a best friend or brother.

I faintly hear Damon groan and the felt the bed dip, snapping me out of my thoughts. I watched him sit up and get off the bed. "I should've made you leave. Sent you packing," Damon stated. "I promised Stefan.

I nodded my head. There was no way I was going to leave myself. Which was the best thing to do. Be alone without Damon and Stefan, think it through without Damon's sexy lips near me, clouding up my mind.

"I know," I sighed, thinking about the flawless green eyed boy that still owned my heart. I was missing him dearly. I wanted to be wrapped in his arms, kissing him, laughing with him, feeding each other. All the things we used to do. But the thought of seeing that look in his eye, not the loving look. But the 'I wish you were different'/'I need to fix you' look. The one that made me think he only lolved me the way I was a few months ago. As a human.

"You're sired to me, Kenzie. Which means everything you think you feel might not even be real," he said.

"I know, Damon," I told him, growing annoyed. I wish I did know how I feel. I need the sire bond gone to let me know if whatever THIS is with Damon was real. "But it feels real," I admitted to him.

I slid off the bed, getting up and walking over to him as I had watched him just change shirts. I missed the opportunity to gawk over his creamy skin. "And I'm not ready to let go of that," I told him, getting focused on our conversation and not his body.

"Well, I could make you," he said. My brows furrowed. Both of our eyes lowering to each other's lips and back up. "Invoke the sire bond."

"So do it," I dared, fighting back a smirk. He wouldn't dare.

I watched his stern expression crumble and him sigh. "I told him I would set you free," Damon said while I wrapped a hand around his neck. "Right after I didn't tell him that we slept together."