11: Rebekah's Class

~So you guys are slacking. If toy didn't vote for chapter 8, 9, or 10 go back and do that now. I work really hard and so kany people read and don't vote. At least comment if you're not gonna vote. On anything! Lol. But seriously, enjoy the chapter, have some ice cream, lay in bed all day/afternoon/night...just be happy 😁😊😄☺😀😆😃

GOAL: 17 VOTES & 7 COMMENTS

Chapter Eleven

It's been three days since I was at the lake house. Three days since I've seen or talked to Damon. It's been an emotional rollercoaster. But today I had school and I was pulling on my big girl pants. I was ready to just take everything head on. By myself. Stefan and I haven't spoken in a week. Damon's ignoring my calls and I'm over it.

I spent the first day being upset, calling Damon because I missed him and it was like my body craved to be near him. I wanted to be around him. When night came, couldn't sleep. I haven't slept much or at all the last three days. And every night I cry into my pillow, wishing Stefan would in bed behind me and coax me into a nice slumber. Didn't happen.

So here I am, trying to be independent. Which is hard because I spent the last year depending on Stefan alone. It's even harder when different parts of yourself and at different times are telling you to go after one brother over the other. My decision is to just stay away from them until it doesn't hurt anymore. Most importantly it's focusing on myself.

Which is why before school this morning, Bonnie and I went and did yoga. It was our first day of classes. I'm doing it cause I want to be a better version of me. Someone who knows WHO they are. What they want. A bright future, etc. Also, I want to be healthier inside and out. Which is why I also decided to start seeing my therapist again. I've been so confused lately about how I feel and things changing, I needed someone to talk it out with.

***

"Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness, in times of tragedy...leads to healing. That one community is stronger than a thousand of its members," Liz Forbes was saying. We were in the auditorium of the school. She was giving a speech to all of us students because Carol, Tyler's mom just died.

I watched as Elena on my right, lit the candle in my hand. I then moved mine over to light Bonnie's since she was on the otherside of me. She's been by my side since we left the lakehouse practically. She's been very supportive. She didn't stop me when I left Damon countless of voicemails saying I missed him, that I wished I could see him, etc.

Nor did she stop me when I took down all of mine and Stefan's pictures. She left me alone as I cried over them. But she didn't argue when I dragged her to the nearest craft store because I wanted to make a scrapbook. And I did. And it turned out beautiful. And I cried again, wanting to have more memories with him. He was my best friend. I just let him go. I don't want to say I lost him, because just thinking about him FOREVER being out of my life made it hard to breathe. Like I couldn't live without him.

Yeah, it's been a long three days. "But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than just a mayor. She was an open-minded friend, and a concerned mother taken from us too soon by a terrible accident," Liz continued.

Suddenly all attention was on Tyler as he got up and left the room. I wanted to check if he was all right but he probably wanted to be alone. "Please join me in observing a minute of silence in her memoy," Liz continued.

Everyone put their heads down but I looked over at Caroline to check on her. But something else caught my eye. I furrowed my brows as I spotted Rebekah. I blinked and suddenly she was gone but it looked like somone was moving through the crowd standing up at the bottom of the bleachers. I shook my head and gulped. "You okay?" Bonnie whispered to me.