Chapter Seven

Expelliarmus - Disarms opponent 

~Arden Diggory~

Harry and Ron didn't talk at all that week. It was strange to see everyone picking on Harry for being a contestant. I know he didn't enter it himself, and everyone knows that too, why take the blame on him?

People have also been wearing badges against Harry. They showed Cedric, saying to support him, then spun to Harry, and said 'Potter Stinks.' Cedric's friends all wear them, and he's asked them to take them off, but of course people will still try and tear others down.

I was in one of the courtyard with Cedric and his friends. All his friends would talk about was how Cedric is going to win the tournament, and make history. Eventually, the conversation would turn to me. 'What are you going to do for eternal glory?' they'd ask. Why does eternal glory matter? As long as I'm happy and I'm putting food on the table, I'll live a happy life. People think that I'm jealous of Cedric's position in the tournament. I'm not. I'm worried that he'll get hurt. People do die in the tournament, it could happen this year, and it could be Cedric. I only want him to be safe.

Moments later, Harry was walking quickly over to us. 

"Hi Harry." I greeted. He smiled and nodded his head, giving me a small wave.

"Can I have a word?" He asked Cedric. 

"Read the badges, Potter!" One of Cedric's friends yelled. I rolled my eyes and watched Cedric and Harry as they walked away from us. I couldn't understand what they were saying, but Cedric looked worried. Harry left Cedric and waved me goodbye as he did. Across the yard I saw Draco sitting up in a tree with a bunch of other Slytherin boys at the bottom whom I don't know the name of. 

"Hey Ced, I'm just gonna go hang out with some other friends alright?" 

"You don't need to tell me Arden, you're fine." Cedric smiled and I walked off to where Draco was. Draco was sitting in the tree like he was the king of the world, with his trademark smirk stupidly stuck to his face. The boys at the bottom were all talking to him, treating Draco like some sort of royalty.

"Hey Draco..." I called out. The boys all fell silent and looked at me. Draco's smirk turned to a grin.

"Oh hello Arden, come to have a chat with me, finally?" He said. 

"Well I'd rather not hang out with Cedric's friends, and Harry seems a bit tense-" I began. Draco looked over to Harry, who began storming off from Ron.

"Why so tense, Potter?" He called out. Oh dear. Harry rolled his eyes and walked towards me. "My father and I have a bet you see. I don't think you're gonna last ten minutes in this tournament." Draco jumped down from the tree and swaggered over to Harry and I with his friends behind him. "He disagrees, he thinks you won't last five." Draco and his friends all sniggered, and Harry shoved Draco. 

"I don't give a damn what your father thinks Malfoy." He spat. "He's vile and cruel, and you're pathetic." Draco looked at Harry in disgust an started taking out his wand. I acted out of impulse, to help Harry.

"Expelliarmus!" I casted. Draco's wand flew out of his hand and I caught it in mid air. 

"What do you think you're doing Diggory?" Draco questioned.

"There's no need to get worked up over this. Just leave it alone, none of this is even going to matter in a few hours." I said calmly. Draco rolled his eyes and glared at Harry.