Chapter Eighty

Home

The battle had come to a halt as a large body of Death Eaters stood on one side of the courtyard. Lena had been fighting with Luna since George took Arden back to the Burrow. Lena had found out that the curse casted upon Arden was one that causes internal injury, and can be fatal if not treated well. Madame Pomfrey gave her a bewitched bag that held more than it looked like it could full of potions that Arden needed to drink. Lena just prayed that she could get to Arden.

Lena held onto Luna's hand tightly as she noticed Harry's limp body being held in Hagrid's arms. She felt sick that the Dark Lord had won. She looked down at her dirty shoes, not daring to accidentally make eye contact with her father on the other side.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort boomed from across the courtyard. The Death Eaters began to laugh, as did Voldemort which sent a chill down Lena's spine. "And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us! Or die..." 

Voldemort looked at the large crowd of Hogwarts students, faculty and others with a disappointed expression as no one dared to step forward, instead accepting their fate. 

Lena's father stepped forward as he noticed his daughter in the crowd. 

"Lena! My sweet girl..." He hesitated. Lena looked up, glaring at her father, not daring to move a muscle. "Lena, please." 

Another voice was heard from the other side of the courtyard, and it belonged to Draco's father, ordering him to go to him. Draco stood in his place, he didn't believe in what the Death Eaters stood for, and wanted to remain on the opposing side. 

But hearing his mother call out for him in a less demanding tone, he gave in and walked across the courtyard. Lena felt some sort of sympathy for Draco, however she frowned that he didn't stand his ground. She wondered how she would get to him and tell him about Arden without getting killed. 

"Ah! Well done Draco..." Voldemort praised. The Dark Lord gave Draco an odd hug, making Draco incredibly uncomfortable. Draco joined his family, standing with them as they waited for what Voldemort might do next. 

Neville limped forward, "well I hoped for better," Voldemort taunted. The Death Eaters laughed as Neville limped closer.

"I want to say something..." He began.  The Death Eaters continued to laugh at him, while Voldemort allowed Neville to speak.

Lena felt tears well in her eyes as Neville came to accept that Harry had died, but that he was still in their hearts. The news of Remus and Tonks dying also contributed to her emotions. As Neville finished his heroic speech, he pulled out the sword of Godric Gryffindor from the Sorting Hat. 

Harry fell from Hagrid's arms, "confringo!" He casted towards Nagini, and fled the courtyard. The people began to cheer for Harry, except for the Death Eaters. Lena planted a quick kiss on Luna's cheek before running directly into the horde of Death Eaters, trying to get past them and to Draco. 

Lena's father assumed she was returning to their side, and caught her in an embrace.

"I knew you'd come through, dear!" He cried. Lena pushed her father off him and glared at him.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Her father froze, and his body fell to the ground. Lena ran across the courtyard, blocking all curses thrown her way by numerous Death Eaters. She saw Draco walking away with his family in the distance. Picking up her speed, she started to gain on them. "Expelliarmus!" She shouted, disarming Draco.