Chapter Fourty

The Hogwarts High Inquisitor

~Narrator~

It was unknown to the students of Hogwarts that a particular Ministry of Magic employee received a distressed letter from one of it's students regarding to it's teachers. 

Lena Oxton, the girl with the dough brown eyes and spiky pixie cut was that student. In said letter, she didn't reveal the teacher's name to try and see if Hogwarts would be fixed as a whole 

This was not the case.

-

The Slytherins and Gryffindors both shared Potions on Mondays. Arden and Draco walked down the Hogwarts halls hand in hand towards their first class of the day.

"I never would have guessed that your mother liked gardening." Arden smiled. 

Draco raised an eyebrow. "Does that come as a shock to you?" He asked. "Do you think my family is just dark and miserable." He joked.

"You're so wealthy, I just assumed that maybe someone did it for your mother." She laughed.

"My mother likes to keep things traditional, most of the time." Draco squeezed Arden's hand tighter as they kept walking among the crowd of students. "So was your Christmas any good? Do I have to beat Potter up again?" Draco teased.

Arden hid her guilt well, and nodded her head. "N-no, unless you want to beat him up for being annoying." 

Draco rolled his eyes. "So you're saying I should beat him up every time he opens his mouth?"

Arden shrugged. "Sure, I'm not even on first name basis with him anymore." Arden sighed. 

Even after finding out what Draco told her last year was a lie, Arden still couldn't find herself to warm up to Harry Potter. She wonders why she even kissed him, or let him embrace her as she cried. Every night she wished she could take back her action, or even travel back in time and punch herself in the face. The death of Cedric has completely caused her emotions to go haywire, she doesn't even know if she's totally sane anymore.

She knew she had to tell Draco the truth, but she didn't know how. She feared the reaction she'd get. Would they split? Would he never speak to her again? Perhaps Arden could say that Harry kissed her, but would lying be the best thing to do?

"Ah, so you've finally come to your senses eh?" Draco smiled proudly at Arden. 

Arden simply shrugged again. "I s-suppose..." She stuttered. Draco thought nothing of Arden's nervousness, it was something he'd gotten used to. At times Arden would become anxious for no apparent reason, Draco just thought that this was one of those times.

Draco leaned down to kiss Arden's cheek as they walked, but a magical force pushed them away from each other.

"I'll have none of that, thank you!" A high pitched voice said. The two turned around and watched as the plump woman dressed all in pink strutted through the gap made between them. Dolores Umbridge wrote notes on her check board, as she smiled to herself whilst leaving the halls.

Draco scowled at her as she left. The couple walked awkwardly apart from each other to their next class, afraid that they'd get in trouble again.

-

Harry couldn't help but smirk as he saw Draco and Arden walk apart from each other to class. Although Arden didn't say a single word to Harry after they kissed, he still felt a form of... accomplishment inside. Seeing the two away from each other only boosted his ego more.