Chapter Sixty One

Muffins

The morning after, Arden and Draco were inseparable. The two were lucky that it were a Sunday and could focus on each other rather than their work. It took Arden a lot of convincing to talk to Hermione, Ron and Harry alone. She had no problem spilling the tea to Hermione only, but with Ron and Harry especially present, she had trouble holding back the truth.

"We haven't seen you since Friday afternoon!" Hermione cried.

Arden rolled her eyes. "Calm down, you're not my mother." She said tiredly.

"Well we start to get a bit suspicious when we see you running off holding hands with Malfoy." Harry spat. Arden simply looked up at the ceiling, wanting to avoid the lecture she was about to receive from him. "He broke your heart, not to mention he's a complete asshole-"

"Did you not see what happened in Potions!?" Ron exclaimed. "Like, totally adorable!" He joked in a valley girl voice. His joking earned him a slap on the shoulder from Harry. "Blimey, it's like it's bad to not intrude on Arden's business!"

Arden held out her hand to high five Ron. "Thank you, Ron! See? Someone here understands privacy." Ron nodded, gladly accepting her high five.

"I don't want to know every single detail, I just wanted to know where you were." Hermione said softly. "I mean, I'm sort of happy that you two are-"

"Hermione were you not ranting about how that git treated her for weeks!?" Harry spat.

Hermione shrugged. "Yes I know but I kind of agree with Ron about the Potions lesson..."

Harry rolled his eyes and sighed in frustration. "Just tell us where you went to." Harry demanded.

"Oh my gosh I thought I came here to sit with my friends not to be interviewed." Arden sighed. 

"Just tell us what you were doing!" Harry spat.

Arden was almost ready to take out her wand and hex Harry. "I was just doing stuff!" She argued.

"By stuff, do you mean Draco Malfoy?" A posh voice teased behind them. 

Arden and Harry turned around and saw Lena standing behind them, arms folded and with a playful smirk on her face. She pushed her short bob behind her ears and squeezed herself in between the two. "Ah, now that you two are somewhat apart the tension has eased."

Harry was stunned, he spent a few moments trying to comprehend what Lena had just said. "I'm sorry what did you just say?" 

"Don't you have ears, Harry?" Lena sighed. She leaned over the Gryffindor table to reach for a chocolate chip muffin. Taking a big bite, she moaned at the taste. "Have you tried these? They're great." 

"Don't change the subject Lena..." Harry warned.

"Like, the muffin itself is just has such a lovely softness to it-"

"Lena!"

"-the chocolate really compliments the vanilla flavour of the muffin!" 

"ENOUGH ABOUT THE MUFFINS!" Harry shouted. The group earned a few odd looks from the students around them, but they all continued to eat their breakfast anyways. "I just want to know what you were up to-"

Arden slammed her fist on the table in anger. "Shut the hell up, Harry!" She spat. "It's not important!"

Ron and Hermione were both ignoring the quarrel between Arden and Harry, for they were too busy talking about the chocolate chip muffins.