Chapter Thirty Five

Truce

~Narrator~

"He says he saw Cedric Diggory murdered."

"He reckons he duelled with You-Know-Who..."

"Come off it..."

"Even she believes him!"

"They're complete nutters!"

"What I don't get." Harry said with a shaking voice. "Is why they all believed the story months ago when Dumbledore told them." He finished.

"I'm not even sure they did." Arden said grimly. Harry and Arden sat across from each other in the library. Although she had been pushing Harry, Ron and Hermione away the last few weeks, she wondered why they were hardly around when classes weren't on. They hung out with Lena more than her.

And Harry was here to tell her why.

"You sure you want to be here? Despite this place meaning to be quiet, people obviously don't have a problem speaking loud enough for us to hear them talking about us." Arden said. Harry nodded.

"You're right. They're probably waiting for us to start shouting again."

The pair quickly exited the library, trying their best to ignore the awful things said as they left.

Harry found a secluded spot in the courtyard, and sat down with Arden.

"Why are you still going back?" Harry asked, upon noticing the fresh cuts on the back of her right hand. Arden covered her hands with the sleeves of her robes. "You keep arguing with her and earning more detentions with her."

Arden sighed. "She deserves to hear my opinions, that wretched bi-"

"But you don't deserve going back there and having the same things done to you over and over." Harry interrupted. "Hasn't... Draco convinced you to stop?" Harry winced.

He hated Draco more than anything, but he knew that at one point the blonde would have spoken to Arden about her injuries.

"He has. I just don't listen." Arden said bluntly. "He never really questions it anymore, it's like he knows what I'm thinking, and just tries to be a shoulder to cry on instead of trying to stop me. He knows to just let me be, to figure it out on my own."

"Not talking about it won't help-"

"Well talking about it makes me annoyed, Harry. Draco's there for me when I need him. He's not there to question me, or direct me around, he's just there to console me. That's all I want." She argued.

Harry couldn't stand Arden constantly fighting for detentions, and ultimately getting herself hurt. He had no idea why she kept doing it, but he listened to Arden's wishes and didn't discuss it further.

"Well, you asked why I haven't been around during free time, right?" Harry asked. "We've been meeting with others, actually defending ourselves properly, doing what Umbridge should be teaching us."

"And who's teaching you?" Arden asked.

"Well, I'm teaching the others. Hermione, Ron, Ginny, Luna, Neville and others." Harry said.

"And Lena? How'd you manage to befriend her?" Arden asked

"Well her and 'Mione sit together in DADA. Lena was complaining about the lack of magic and Hermione invited her in." Harry answered.

"And I wasn't invited?"

"Well it's kind of hard to talk to you when you're busy in detention with Umbridge or straight up ignoring everyone." Harry spat. He saw the hurt expression on her face, and apologised.

"It's fine. Well, is this you finally inviting me?"

Harry nodded. "That is if you want to be apart of Dumbledore's Army."

"Dumbledore's Army?" She asked. "Why that?"

"Just to scare off the Ministry." Harry chuckled. "But call it the D.A, for cautious purposes."

Arden smiled slightly. She thought about the D.A, and how awkward it'll be to see everyone after ignoring them for so long. She hasn't talked to Hermione since Grimmauld Place, and Arden wasn't nice to her at that moment.

"I'm really sorry." Arden began. "For y'know, being all bitter and moody." She apologised.

"Don't apologise, you have every right to act that way after the grief you've gone through-"

"The grief I'm still going through." She interrupted.

Harry laughed, "right, well it's fine, Arden. I'm just happy that you're not ignoring me anymore." He said.

"Also I'm sorry about when you came over during summer, and I was a bit of a bitch to you."

"Seriously, don't worry about it." Harry held out his hand for a handshake. "Truce?" He asked.

Arden stared at Harry's hand. Instead of taking it, she pulled Harry into a tight embrace.

"Truce."

~

It was short but I have no wifi and I'm still writing from my phone RIP me.

Ok Harry is such a douche but I can't help but have a soft spot for him and Arden I'm so sorry you're going to hate me soon... (unless I change my mind about what's gonna happen soon haha oops I'm inconsistent.)

Thank you for 40k reads! New chapter coming soon xoxo