Chapter Ten

A Date

~Arden Diggory~

"If you ask me, this whole ball idea is stupid." Draco spat as he watched me make the sleeping draught we'd be assessed on. "3 weeks, and not one girl has even asked me to the ball, can you imagine that? Would've thought I'd have a line waiting behind me by now, I'd sure like some options."

"There are girls who want to go with you Draco, they're just too scared to ask you." I said, stirring the potion.

"Why do you say that, Diggory? How could anyone not want to go near me, have you seen me? I'm stunning!" Draco smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"Well girls don't like to ask, they like to be asked." I said. 

"That can't be it. Last year I had tonnes of girls ask me if I could be their date to Hogsmeade. Pretty sure you were one of them, Diggory." Draco looked at me and smirked.

"Oh in your dreams, Draco. Maybe no one's asking you to the ball because you're an arrogant asshole." I snapped.  Draco clutched his chest and mocked an offended expression.

"Oh my, Diggory! How could you of all people use that sort of language?" He asked in disbelief.

"I'm surprised you're not offended by me calling you arrogant." I laughed.

"It's not my fault I know I'm hot. Don't pretend you don't think I am." Draco leaned back in his chair and kept his eyes on me like a hawk, waiting to see my reaction.

"You're attractive, I can't lie about that, but stop being such a little prick about it will you?" I spat. Draco's smirk turned to a lopsided grin.

"Oh, you think I'm attractive?" He taunted.

"I thought you already knew that all the girls think you're gorgeous." Draco's grin just grew even wider.

"So now I'm gorgeous?" He teased. I ignored his teasing and kept stirring the potion. Draco kicked his feet up and rested them on the desk.

"Do you mind? If you want me to get us a decent grade you better get your gross feet off the table!" I snapped. I pushed his feet off the desk and moved the remaining ingredients away from where they were. I continued brewing the potion that Draco and I were supposed to be doing together. Draco stood up from his chair and stood abnormally close to me, so close our shoulders were touching.

"Need help?" He asked.

"Nice of you to offer help when I'm practically finished." I sighed. Draco smirked and played with an empty vial.

"I know, I'm so helpful aren't I?" Draco put down the vial and watched me stir the potion. "Here, I'll stir it, I should at least do some work." He offered. Draco took my hands off the stirrer gently, and took control of the potion. His hands were as cold as ice, and gave me goosebumps when our hands met. I brushed off the feeling then sat down. 

"So, do you have a date to the ball?" Draco asked.

"If that's you asking me to the ball-"

"Oh no, don't be so desperate Diggory. Just because I'm asking if you have a date doesn't mean I want to be your date, jeez." Draco said in his usual cold tone.

"Sorry. But no, I don't have a date." I said. I didn't have a date, but I did have many boys ask me to the ball. One boy was so persistent that I ended up jinxing him so bad that he was in the hospital wing for a good 5 days. Most boys I didn't even know the name of, and every single boy who asked me was not even slightly polite to me.