Chapter Twenty Six

The Third Task - Part One

~Narrator~

A few months had passed, and the summer holidays were just around the corner. Arden and Draco were closer than ever, as they visited Hogsmeade as often as they could before the snow started to melt away.

Now it was nearing Summer, and the third task would be taking place this very day. Arden couldn't contain her excitement. Her brother, Cedric Diggory, had the chance to win this tournament. Although she had her worries when he started, he proved himself to be the best, winning first place each round with barely a scratch on him.

Draco never told Arden about his future of being a death eater. He didn't plan on doing so until the mark would be burnt onto his skin.

Hermione and Arden had spent a bit more time than usual together. Hermione would ask Arden to study in the library, then pour her heart out over Ron and how she wished he asked her to the ball instead of Viktor Krum. Hermione would wonder what it would have been like if she went with Ron, but she would quickly snap out of her boy craze and get back into her work.

Cedric had never been as nervous as he was today. The first and second task, he had been lucky. The third task looked and sounded dangerous, he couldn't bare to come out of the tournament as a loser after all the effort he's put in. He wanted to win for Hogwarts, for family.

The crowd roared as they excitedly waited for the task to begin. Hermione was sitting just a row in front of Arden. Arden leaned forward to Hermione's ear so she could hear Arden over the crowd.

"When will this start already?" Arden asked nervously, as she watched the four champions emerge from a nearby tent.

Hermione turned around and looked at Arden's nervous state and smiled. "I guess you're shivering with antici-" Hermione paused, making Arden raise an eyebrow. "-Pation." Hermione finished. Laughing at Arden's puzzled expression, she turned back around and began cheering Harry on. 

"Cedric's going to be fine. He'll most likely win this thing and your family name will go down in history." Draco reassured. Arden was uncertain, but took Draco's word. If her brother did win, she'd have to deal with being in his brother's shadow while he basks in his glory.

Arden watched the four champions assume position in front of their entries to the maze. She could feel her stomach feeling uneasy as she watched Cedric step into the maze first.

She felt that even though her brother had been extremely lucky in the first and second task, something was telling her that Cedric's luck was going to run out...

~

UPDATE: 22/01/17

I asked whether this story should be split into 2 books, and most of you said split. I was considering this for a while, however the title 'Imperio' does not make it's 'relevance' until late year 5, and all through year 6. Having years 6 and 7 with a title that doesn't represent the story wouldn't make sense, so Imperio will run from years 4 to 7 (and there will be extra chapters that include the events after the Battle of Hogwarts).

Thank you all for your opinions xoxo

The 3rd task will be in multiple parts so it's not this one whole big lump of plot in one go, and I don't want to keep it all in my point of view also. I want to write as Cedric, Draco, Harry and obviously Arden (maybe not all 4).

I'm so thankful for 9k reads and 500 votes, thank you so much! This story is really starting to move the way I want it to now and I'm loving it.