Chapter Fifteen

The Yule Ball - Part One

~Narrator~

The next few weeks led up to this moment. Ron Weasley finally found a date which he was definitely not fond of, Lavender Brown. Draco Malfoy did end up going to the ball with Pansy Parkinson much to his disappointment. His ears stung whenever she spoke with her shrill voice, making Draco want to  ditch her even more. Draco looked in the mirror and sighed. He tidied up his dress robes, and fixed up his tie, wanting to look respectable for the ball.

Meanwhile, Arden was in her dormitory with only Astoria Greengrass. Astoria wore the lovely mint green dress that was on display next to the dress Arden bought. Arden sat down facing a mirror, unsure of how to even apply makeup. She knew how to apply to her eyelashes, but Astoria said the eyelashes went last, so Arden was completely stuck.

"Arden, do you need help?" Astoria asked whilst sticking pins into her hair. Arden looked at her hopefully and nodded. Astoria moved her to a bed. And sat across from her. Astoria took out her wand and waved it over Arden's face. In a matter of seconds, Astoria had finished her handiwork. "I only did a basic look, I can add more if you like."

It was enough for Arden. She didn't look overly done up, but enough so her features were enhanced. Arden left her hair down, but instead of the normal messy curly hair she usually wore down, her curls were smooth, shiny and tidied up. She and Astoria left the dorm rooms together, to go to the ball. 

Harry Potter was already in the hall where the event was taking place. He was nervously pacing, waiting for his date to arrive. Harry was anxious, he had liked Arden for so long, and was afraid to ask her to be his girlfriend. He wanted to ask tonight, thinking it'd be the perfect time, but Harry had his doubts.

Draco Malfoy left the common room with Blaise Zabini and a completely hysterical Pansy. The three walked to the hall, where they bumped into Astoria and Arden. Arden kept her back turned, not knowing they were there, but Astoria turned and grinned at Blaise, taking his arm and leaving the others. 

Draco kept his eyes on the floor, wanting to go through the night unnoticed, and not wanting to see Arden with her date. Arden saw a speck of blonde go past her, and she looked at him. She saw Pansy's arm linked in Draco's and immediately felt guilty. Arden wanted to call out to him, but she was greeted by Cedric.

"You look beautiful, Arden." He said. Arden smiled, not taking her eyes off of Draco walking away. "You should head to the hall, almost everyone would be there by now." Arden nodded and cleared her throat. She waved Cedric goodbye as he found his date, and walked behind him to the hall.

Around the corner of the staircases, were students gathered, waiting to enter the hall decorated for the event. Arden nervously peered around the corner and saw Hermione. Hermione was glowing, the periwinkle gown complimenting her natural shine as she walked. Her hair was tied up in a not, with strands of her hair falling out to frame her face. Hermione linked arms with her date, which was Viktor Krum. Arden smiled, knowing that her friend was in good hands and was going to have a great night. Arden carefully walked around the corner, then started stepping down the stairs.

Her eyes stayed on Hermione, who turned around and beamed when she saw Arden. Arden was slow, being careful not to fall over in her high heels. Arden looked around the room and saw Harry, staring at her with his glistening green eyes. His jaw was hanging low slightly, astounded by his date's beauty. However no reaction to her, could compare to Draco Malfoy's.