Chapter Twenty Seven

The Third Task - Part Two

~Harry Potter~

The crowd cheered as Professor Filch fired the canon. Cedric and I both walked into the maze through our own designated pathways. I stepped into the maze, and the hedges folded over themselves to conceal the crowd behind me. I looked at Arden in the stalls, and watched her cheer for Cedric. I held my breathe as I watched her disappear from me, then proceeded through the maze.

The crowd's cheer disappeared. The silence was deafening, my usual present bravery was depleting the deeper I got into the maze.

Then I heard Fleur scream. Her cry of bloody murder could probably heard all the way in London. I let my legs carry me as fast as I could to get myself far from whatever had gotten Fleur.

As I pushed myself through the maze, turning back at all dead ends I faced, I saw Viktor. His eyes were milky and bloodshot, showing he was under the Imperius curse. He stared at me for a good few seconds, before Cedric ran up behind and pointed his wand at Krum.

"Stupe-" Cedric couldn't finish his spell. He fell to the ground and screamed in agony as Krum used the Cruciatus curse on Cedric. 

"Stupefy!" I called out. Krum fell unconscious as Cedric pulled himself up. 

Cedric caught his breath and rubbed his forehead. "Thank you Harry, I felt like a thousand knives were piercing me at once..." He sighed. I nodded, looking around the maze nervously. "Well, good luck then." Cedric said. He ran away from me, seeking the cup.

I ran too, but took a different turn to Cedric. Many wrong turns and traps later, Cedric and I met again.

One of Hagrid's Acromantula's was attacking Cedric. Blimey, am I really going to save him so he can get to the cup before me? Do I even want the cup anyway? I spotted Cedric's wand metres away from him, and quickly helped Cedric retrieve it. I pointed my wand at the giant spider and cast a single spell, knocking it out instantly. Cedric and I looked at each other, stunned, then turned to the icy, glowing cup about 10 metres from us. 

Thinking the same thing, Cedric and I both ran to the cup as the Maze started to close in on us with every step we took. Cedric stopped and stared at the Triwizard Cup. He didn't reach out for it or anything. 

"What are you doing!?" I urged, looking at the hedges slowly growing narrower.

"Take it Harry, you saved me twice!" 

"What? No Cedric you deserve it more than I do! I don't need eternal glory!" I persisted. Cedric shook his head. 

"No Harry, I-"

"Don't be modest, just take it!" I said angrily. His modest personality really wasn't helping, since we were about to be suffocated by leaves, of all things. "Look, lets take it together. It'll be a Hogwarts victory either way." 

Cedric thought for a moment, and nodded his head. "Alright. 3, 2, 1."Cedric and I reached for the cup, and we flew in the air. 

It was suddenly cold and darker than usual. Tombstones were all around us. We're not supposed to be here.

"Hah, well what do you know?" Cedric chuckled. He looked around, more confused than worried. "Where are we?" He asked. 

Out the corner of my eye, I saw a figure emerging from the shadows. "Cedric, get back to the cup!" I urged. 

Cedric looked back, more confused than ever. "What are you?-"

"I SAID GET BACK!" Cedric began to run to the glistening cup, but...

"Kill the spare."

~

WOAH NELLY

That was very short I'm sorry but this is the second last chapter of year 4!! I don't really want to get into the whole Voldemort vs Harry battle because that's not really relevant to the Arden's story lmao.

Exams are done! New chapter in a few hours xoxo Thanks for 15k :*