Chapter Twenty Eight

End of Fourth Year

~Arden Diggory~

Anxiously, I waited. Red sparks appeared in the sky twice during the task, which led to Viktor Krum and Fleur Delacour being taken from the maze and ultimately having to forfeit. No one knew what was happening in the maze, I don't even think Dumbledore knew what was happening. 

My legs were shaking, and my knuckles were white from my tight grip on Draco's hand. At times I'd have to let go, since my father would frequently look our way when he wasn't busy waiting for Cedric to emerge from the maze holding the cup.

In front of me, Hermione's hair is a war zone after the numerous times I platted it over and over to entertain myself. I sighed, as Draco's grip on my hand tightened for a second.

"Don't worry, he'll win the cup Arden." Draco reassured. "I really hope he does." 

I rolled my eyes. "Are you just saying that because you hate Harry, or because Cedric's my brother?" 

Draco smirked. "Hmm... Both." He teased. I let go of his hand to lean my elbows on my knees, and cover my face. I heard the people around me stand, and trumpets began to play. Cheers were let out throughout the school. Someone has won. I quickly stood up, but I was blocked by everyone in front of me. 

I stood on my tip toes, trying to see who won. No matter how many times I manoeuvred myself to look, I couldn't see. 

A scream was heard, and then the crowd fell silent. No one was clapping or cheering. The look on Draco's face was an expression I had never seen on him before. He looked at my muddled expression, and instantly grabbed my shoulders and pulled me close to him.

"Draco what are you-" I tried. Draco held onto me, preventing me from seeing what was going on. Hermione turned around, tears welling in her eyers and ripped Draco's arms off of me.

"Let her go, Draco!" She yelled. The tears in her eyes started to roll down her cheeks, but it didn't distract me from the rising anger you could see in her. "She needs to know..." She whispered.  

My stomach dropped, what did I need to know?

The student body all turned to my direction. I heard sobbing, and someone wailing incredibly loud.

It was my father.

Without hesitation, I pushed past everyone near me, and almost tripped over my feet as I sprinted down the stalls. I saw Harry crying, and my father too. I saw Moody trying to pull Harry back, but Cedric was nowhere to be found.

Because they were surrounding his body. 

I slapped my hands over my mouth. My father's wailing grew louder and louder. I soon noticed a rhythm in his cries.

"My boy... My boy." He cried over and over. I ran to my father, and almost felt sick to my stomach.

He was there, laying in the grass. His head, tilted back, and his once striking grey eyes we shared were now dull and lifeless, staring into nothingness. I couldn't do anything but scream. The tears fell quickly. I gripped onto Cedric's cold dead hand, hoping that maybe it could wake him up.

Except it won't, he's gone for good. Harry pulled himself out of Moody's arms and threw himself onto me. His arms nearly suffocating me with his tight embrace. My lungs were giving out the longer I cried, but I couldn't do anything else. I held onto Harry's arms as he sobbed, soaking my jumper with his tears. Dumbledore ran onto the pitch and knelt down next to Harry.