I'm Starting To Hate Space...

You were doing a lot better after taking the pill. You were steadily climbing the ranks in class, starting to smile and lighten up. "You're doing great Doll, and I haven't had to worry about you killing over during training." He comments with a smile.

"Right? I didn't realize how much the pain was slowing me down until now. I can finally keep up with you.'' You grin at him cheerfully.

"I'm glad.... You're smiling more too, which is lovely." His knuckles brush against your cheek. You blush looking away and smiling to yourself.

"Heh, never heard that before." You murmur.

"I adore you." He chuckles lightly. "Anyway, are you ready for tomorrow, I hear we'll be facing some nasty space pirates from Zarg galaxy." He nudges you as you swallow nervously.

"I hope I do okay..." You look down.

"You'll do great my dear friend, I'll be there to support you." He smiles.

You pale as the monstrous aliens come out of the space ship, the captain was huge. "That's Silverfang?" You breathe uneasily.

"Yeah.. Don't let him intimidate you Doll," Drake removes his jacket, putting it under your shoulders, pale muscles rippling and tensing as he gets ready to change form. You nod still nervous as you look at him.

"Be careful out there Drake." You murmur carefully. He meets your gaze and smiles, tipping your chin and pressing his lips to yours softly. You blush heavily, kissing back.

"See you after the battle doll." He smiles before moving to join Smoker and the other 'tanks'. You smile and shake your head, readying your rifle. Within moments the battle breaks out, more brutal than you anticipated. You try to take down as many enemies as you can but the shots become too narrow. You lower your rifle trying to find an opening. One of the bigger spacers in the field suddenly runs away with some other spacers as Silverfang makes his move.

Your eyes widen as a few more spacers retreat and Smoker faces Silverfang alone while Drake fights with the other pirates. You remove your backpack suddenly quickly rummaging through it and putting on the power gloves before zipping up your backpack. "What are you doing?" One of the snipers asks horrified.

"I'm fighting beside my friend." You answer pulling your backpack back on and looking up as Silverfang pins Smoker. "But I'm going to punch Silver in the nose first, so cover me." You added suddenly bursting for Silverfang as he roars in Smoker's face. "Hey!" You shout as you reach them. Silverfang looks up, green spider eyes glinting. "Your breath stinks!" You growl punching him in the nose with all your power. There's a crunch and Silverfang is forced upright. You pale as he glares at you slowly turning his head to look at you. You punch him in the jaw making his head jerk to the side.

A growl escapes him and he swings a clawed arm at you and you swiftly catch it with both hands swiftly throwing him across the field. Smoker gets up with a cough, looking at you impressed. "You're fearless ___." He chuckles.

"I'm terrified right now actually." You breathe eyes not leaving Silverfang as he gets up and roars angrily charging you and Smoker. Suddenly a bright green column of acid erupts from the ground just under Silverfang's chin. You gasp hopping back.

"That's not good, Spacers! Retreat! The ground is unstable!" Smoker orders as there's a quake. You were frozen, watching Silverfang's headless body falls over. "___! Let's go!" Smoker calls bringing you back. You turn and run after him, spotting Drake as he moves to meet you. You relax a bit and smile. Something comes into your peripheral vision, making you look over as a asteroid crashes into you. You instinctively grab onto it as you're hurled over the edge with it.

"___!" Drake shouts as you start to drift in space.

"I'm okay!" You assure through your communicator.

"You hang on Doll I'm coming for you." He tells you. Before he can move toward the boards you catch sight of a giant space ship coming up.

"More pirates! Get everyone out there now!" You gasp as the ship extends it's long blades, slicing the ground of the battlefield, causing more acid to shoot up. "Drake!" You cry out when your vision is obscured by the ship. There's no response as you try to call over and over again. Soon the battlefield and ships are no longer in sight. You bite your lip, tears coming to your eyes.

"Drake...?" You murmur helplessly. Light at your back makes you look over as you drift toward a red star. Panic ceases your chest and you kick off the asteroid trying to get away before the gravity pulls you in closer. "Shit!" You gasp trying to get away some how.

Something metallic encloses around your neck and you freeze gripping it in growing alarm as you're pulled up and into a room, hanging by your throat. You cough slightly, glancing around warily until your eyes land on him and you stop, eyes widening. His skin looked flawless and pale, except for the cracked holes over his left red eye, showing the robotic alien flesh under the shell. His left arm wasn't covered by a shell and you could see some battle gashes in it. He was what you called a doll alien. Their shells made them look flawless and perfect but underneath were robotic, easily pissed off aliens.

"What kinda being are you?" He purrs with a curious head tilt, lightly glowing red eyes peering at the gold galaxy on your belt buckle. "A Spacer..." He mutters. You cough, unable to respond, taking on the ship hand that had you by the throat.

"Don't think she can respond like that Kid." The masked alien tells him.

"Then put her down Killer." Kid chuckles. The claw releases you and you fall to your knees trying to get your air back.

"Thank you." You manage keeping your gaze down.

"So you gonna answer my questions or would you like to continue your drift toward that sun?" Kid inquires.

"I'm an Earthling." You answer him, trying to remember where you heard that name from.

"Earthling? You're a long way from home." He comments kneeling down in front of you. You carefully meet his glowing red eyes. "I bet that's a hell of a story, I'll keep you around so you can tell it. I'm sure I can find some use for you."