Down the Wormhole

"Wow!" You murmur leaning forward to peer at the worm hole. Killer pulls you back by your hood before you can fall forward.

"Careful, those wormholes can mess you up." He warns softly.

"They can? I thought they just shot you to a different place..." You murmur looking at it again.

"They do but they can mess up your insides. And you'll be sick for a while afterwards." He touches his stomach subconsciously.

"Have you been through one?" You ask curiously.

"Yeah, I got sucked into one, was floating around on the other side utterly sick until Kid found me, when the doctor examined me I found out everything inside me got flopped around causing me to be sick... But everything's back to normal now."

"Oh, that sounds terrifying honestly..." You look to the wormhole worried.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to let you get away that easily." Kid rumbles making you look back. He offers a smile and pats your head, fingertips brushing your cheek briefly as he drops his hand. You smile with a blush looking away.

"That's reassuring." You muse.

You gap at the yellow ship as it weaved past the Spacer ships with ease. "___! Focus! We're under attack!" Killer calls.

"Right!" You gasp sitting in the gunner seat and letting loose on the enemy ships. "Did you see the yellow ship?" You had to ask anyone near by.

"Yeah, that was the Heart Pirates, Kid hates the captain," Heat tells you before releasing a plume of fire. You blink glancing to Kid. It had to be Law. That was the only ship you knew like that. Would you be able to meet him again? Would he be surprised to see you? Would he remember you?

You really shouldn't have zoned out at that moment. A blast suddenly dislodges your gunner seat from the ship and you find yourself flying off the ship. "___!" Kid shouts.

"Oops..." You mutter trying to get out but your leg is pinched between two pieces of metal. You curse trying to loosen the medal, wincing slightly. You look back to the ships, now too far to shout for help. You carefully take off your backpack, grabbing your power gloves and putting them on before prying the metal away from your leg. You let out a breath, freeing your leg and swiftly bandaging it up the best you could.

Putting your backpack back on, you turn the seat away from the ships, shooting into space to push yourself back toward the ship. Half way there and the plasma gunner runs out of energy. "Dammit..."

You get ready to dive for the ship, glancing down at the wormhole below you and swallowing, glancing to your sides before launching for the ship. You don't get far as something pushes you down from above toward the wormhole. "No no no no no no!" You elbow the asteroid off of you and try to claw away from the vortex until your feet suddenly feel funny. You look down and pale no longer seeing them since the were already getting sucked in. "Shit- AAAHH!" You cry out as you're sucked into it.

You frown heavily at the stars, flooding in the middle of space. You felt nauseous, only recalling pieces of your journey through the wormhole. "I'm so tired of this crap. There has to be some kind of jet pack to keep this shit from happening..." You grumble.

"There is, would you like me to take you to a nearby station?" A male voice makes you look down to your feet, meeting the golden pools of a sharpish.

"That's better than floating around until death came... Thanks." You offer a smile as he pulls you into his little ship.

"You're lucky I came by when I did, not many travel near worm hole outlits. How do you feel?" He inquires offering you some food.

"Sick, no thanks...." You pull away from the food. He tilts his head.

"Very well, go ahead and get some rest. We'll be near the Baratie station soon." He informs you.

You sit down next to his navigation chair, looking around at the ship. "So what's your name?" You peer up at him.

"Dracule Mihawk." He answers, observing you again. "I've never seen one like you before, what being are you?"

"I'm an Earthling. My name's ___." You tell him, shifting and touching your stomach.

"The bathroom is below deck, first door on the right." He says before you can ask. You swiftly go to the bathroom at that, vomiting in the toilet. You cough, head swimming slightly as you clean your mouth, flushing the toilet. You lean on the counter still feeling bad.

"Freaking wormholes..." You mutter. Mihawk comes in at that and you blink at him in surprise as he holds up a galaxy looking pill.

"Here, if your anatomy changed during the journey this should return it to normal... Luckily for you I just remembered I have it."

"Really? Thanks I hope it helps." You smile taking it. You feel your insides shift and move and swiftly lean over the toilet, expecting yourself to vomit. But you soon feel much better and straighten up. "Wow..." You smile, glad you didn't have to be cut open when you reached the station.

"Think you can eat now? You really should, there's no telling how long you were traveling through the wormhole." He leads you back out. You pause before following him.

"What do you mean?" You question, feeling uneasy.

"Well, some take hours, days, even months, and others can take years." He shrugs. "Though it feels like it may take a minute, everything is warped in there."

"Oh.... I hope it was only hours..." You look over the galaxies with a frown.

"Something tells me you still aren't familiar with the universe." He comments peering at you.

"Not at all... This is like the third time I've been lost out here..." You admit rubbing your neck. Wonder if Kid was looking for you. He had grown on you this past month or so.

"You'll find your way I'm sure... Or you'll die." He comments flatly. A chill seeps down your spine at that, and all you could do was look at the approaching space station, which kinda reminded you of a fish. Oddly comforting to find something familiar out here.

A giant ship catches your eye and you grip Mihawk's wrist subconsciously. He looks at you questioning. "I've seen that ship before! It slashed through an acid battlefield that my squad was fighting on." You murmur shaking as your mind shifts to Drake briefly.

"I see... You won't have to worry bout that ship any more." He unsheaths a large black blade that rested on his back. The motion was fluid and calm, but the result amazed you. The giant ship was suddenly in pieces. Mihawk smirks at his own deed. "It's always fun to watch them drift apart like that."

You gap at him in awe. What a terrifying, endearing being. "Can you do that again?"

"I'll think about it."