In Good Hands

Your eyes ease open to a metallic ceiling, making you pause. You didn't feel sick at least as you sit up. "Where am I?" You murmur looking around before getting out of bed. You grab your backpack before easing out carefully.

"You're awake!" A white high bation makes you jump, looking at the polar bear. "Captain told me to come check on you. He'll be happy you're okay." He chimes.

"Your captain...?" You hum. He nods before beconing to follow him. You didn't feel threatened at all so maybe these beings were friendly. You both reach the control room and you stop, heart skipping a beat as you recognize the snow leopard bation.

"Cap-" Before the high bation can speak you hug the captain from behind, making him stiffen.

"Law!" You grin at him when he looks back. He blinks and relaxes slightly.

"I'm glad you're feeling well." He rumbles turning to you.

"Of course. I thought once that wormhole spat me out I'd be drifting forever." You breathe. "It is so good to see you." You smile at him warmly. His ears flicker about before he looks away with pink tinted cheeks.

"Good to see you too... You got separated from Stawhat-ya I take it?" He guesses.

"Yeah... I did something dumb and reckless. Which is how I ended up here I suppose..." You frown at the floor. Law's ears flatten at that, frowning as well. "But at least a stranger didn't find me this time." You smile back at him, his ears perk again and he offers a small smile.

"I'll return you to them." He assures lightly.

"Thanks Law... It's really good to see you again." You breathe. His ears flicker a bit before looking around.

"Use the Vivre to find Strawhat-ya." He orders his crew. "Come, I'll give you a tour." He adds, leading you away. He relaxes once its the two of you. "I read the news, seems that you and your crew have been busy... But you didn't get a wanted poster..." His ears droop at that.

"... Why do you look down that I didn't have a poster?" You raise an eyebrow at him. His ears flatten and he looks away with a blush.

"I'm not down about it." He scoffs. You smile a bit at that.

"Thats too bad I would've let you take a picture of me if thats what you want." You hum thoughtfully. He pauses at that. "But you gotta give me a picture of yourself in return." You breathe. He meets your gaze, ears flickering about. "... Bations are so cute." You gush petting his ears. His ears flatten, quickly glancing around before frowning at you as pink dusts his cheeks.

"You shouldn't mess with a Bation's ears." He warns lightly.

"Oh... Sorry... I just love them..." You pull your hand away.

"It's fine with my ears, it just tickles. Others could be sensitive or painful." He points out. You pause, peering at his ears again, slowly reaching for them again. He lets out a slight huff, tilting his head so you can pet them. "Dont get used to this." He murmurs.

"I'm not. Just enjoying this little privilege." You smile. He closes his eyes quietly, your fingers brush through his hair after you finish petting his ears. 'So soft like cat fur.' You think, fingers combing through his hair. A quiet rumbling sound leaves his throat and you stop, moving your other hand over your grin as it breaks across your face. Was he purring?

His eyes drift open, pupils slitted with a small glare at you, cheeks darkening more. "Alright, that's enough..." He grumbles pulling away.