The Desert Planet

"An entire desert planet..." You breathe, looking at the three suns it was stuck between. You touch your shirt, switching to a bikini and shroud over it. "And I thought Earth summers were bad..."

"It didn't always look like this, but now..." Vivi frowns beside you and you pull her into your side.

"We'll get him for this." You assure softly.

"Heads up! We have a ship coming at us!" Zoro calls. You look over and straighten.

"It's Crocodile!" You shout drawing your blade.

"They're gonna ram!" Sanji gasps. You pale as a cloud of sand bursts from the other ship.

"Shit... Get ready!" You pull Vivi into your side. You bring up your blade in time to stop his golden hand.

"Ah.... I recognize you... Earthling." He breathes. You swallow and offer a smile.

"Long time no see Crocodile." You hum, pushing him back.

"Move to the side ___, I don't want to kill you after I saved you." He warns. You hesitate, as do the other's, glancing at you carefully. You look to Vivi, her eyes reflecting the unease you felt.

"Sorry... Im grateful to you. But, you're not getting the Princess." You frown at him, moving her behind you. Crocodile glares at you, making you flinch slightly, gritting your teeth.

"I gave you a chance." He breathes, lunging at you. You still weren't prepared to fight him, blade barely moving to defend yourself.

"___!" Luffy gasps, lunging forward and throwing a punch at Crocodile. The elementee bursts into sand, swirling all around you and obscuring your vision from everyone. You look behind you and pale.

"VIvi!" You call trying to reach into the sands, but they sting your hand. You sense him behind you, looking back in alarm as he looms over you. You spin about, raising the sword slightly but he catches your wrist.

"You're trembling." He breathes, leaning down toward your face. "I told you before, didn't I? You're not cut out to be a pirate." He lowers your arm easily and you grit your teeth.

"I don't want to fight you Crocodile. But... I can't let you take her either." You tell him, looking up at him and searching his face for something. He frowns, gaze hard as it pierces you.

"Then pick a side, you're weakest when you're indecisive." He warns before picking you up by the wrist he had and throws you. Sand pushing you away from the ship. You catch sight of the crew fighting with the other aliens on Crocodile's crew.

'I have to...' You try to activate your wings but they rattle from the sand. "No..... Luffy!" You call, reaching out. He looks over and moves to stretch his arm to you, but Crocodile ceases his throat, pinning him down. You struggle to get back, the planet's gravity pulling you in steadily. Shit shit shit! You look back at the planet as it starts to pull you in faster. A shape comes into view and you blink as you fall closer. In a flash you crash into the solo rider and you both proceed to fall.

"Shit." He hisses, correcting his hover board and turning it into the pull and holding onto you. You look at the man's face and pause.

"Ace?" You manage. He blinks at you in surprise.

"You!" He gasps just before you both crash into a sand dune. You dig yourself out of the sand, spitting out sand and glaring around.

"I really hate sand right now...." You breathe, looking over as Ace bursts up, shaking himself off.

"___! You okay?" He crawls over with a smile.

"Not really.." You admit, looking up at the multi-colored sky, unable to see the ship. "Dammit. I need to get back up there." You frown.

"No problem, we can take my-" Ace turns to get his hover board but something gigantic bursts from the sand and devours it whole. You don't even react, you just start running. "Shit.... Wait up!" He gasps, chasing after you.

"Cant you kill it?" You call as the lizard/octopus alien gives chase.

"No! The Hihukoos are fire resistant!" He catches up, now running beside you.

"... You named them Hookers??" You question.

"No, Hihukoo!" He responds. You look at him, then back at the giant alien. It was gaining fast and you were sure that you couldn't outrun it. A blast hits the sand, knocking you back. "___!" Ace swiftly covers you with his body as the Hihukoo's shadow comes over you both. More blasts sound and the lizard cries out. You look up as it staggers back. Ace lifts himself off of you, shaking himself off.

"Did... Did you do that?" You ask sitting up as the giant lizard pulls away.

"No... Desert Pirates." He breathes, looking past you. You look back and jump a bit as a sailed ship bursts through a sand dune, lazer canons blasting the Hihukoo. Ace pulls you to your feet and runs for the ship as a ladder drops down. You swiftly follow him, climbing on board.

"How did you two get all the way out here?" A large man with tentacles for legs laughs.

"I got tossed from my ship and crashed into him." You tilt your head to Ace briefly.

"Bwahahahah! Space pirates sure are a funny lot!"

"Heh... Right." You and Ace share a glance. "I don't suppose someone here can fix my wings." You remove the pack to show it to him. One of his tentacles gingerly takes it and he peers it over.

"Sorry Lass, there's only one guy here that can fix wings and he's all the way back in town." He tells you.

"Damn...." You breathe looking to the sky. "I hope theyre alright..." You murmur.

"Im sure you'll see them soon." Ace hums. "You found a crew huh?"

"I suppose, Luffy sure has claimed me as a crewmate." You breathe thoughtfully.

"Luffy... The rubber elementee?" He inquires, eyes widening.

"Yeah, you know him?" You ask. He grins and hugging you tightly.

"That's my brother!!" He gasps.

"Wow... Small universe..." You comment. He grins and kisses your cheek.

"I'm glad he has someone like you to protect him." He rumbles lightly.

"I try my best." You chuckle sheepishly.