Blackout

You keep your eyes to the sky frowning lightly. "Did you see anyone else fall from the sky?" You ask the sand pirate.

"Sorry ma'am, I haven't seen any others. But this is a big planet." He responds.

"Damn..." You murmur, rubbing your cheek.

"___! Come up here!" Ace calls, waving from the crow's nest. You look up and quickly climb up to his side, looking around and pausing, the sea of dunes surrounded the ship, but ahead you could make out a large patch of green and buildings. "See? We'll get your wings back in no time, then we'll go find Luffy." He rumbles.

"Right." You smile back at him. He tilts his head thoughtfully, watching you for a moment before looking back to the sky.

"Don't sneak away this time okay?" He hums before peering at you.

"I'll try not to." You smile in return. He smiles and hugs you.

"So warm..." He admires.

"That's because we're in a desert Ace. And aren't you a fire elementee?" You murmur in confusion.

"Yeah. But most beings are kinda cold blooded." He points out. "A warm body is much cozier to cuddle."

"Cuddle.." You blush lightly.

Before long the sand pirates reach the town and you hurry to find someone to fix your wings. Ace stays with you, looking around as well. "Over this way." He grabs your hand, taking you to a workshop. The lynx bation looks up as you enter the shop. You remove the wings.

"Can you fix these please?" You request. He looks them over as he takes them.

"Sure. They just need ta be cleaned out. Come back in a bit for em." He tells you.

"How long?" You ask carefully.

"About an hour." He answers. You frown lightly but nod.

"Okay thank you." You give a slight bow before heading outside and looking up at the sky again.

"... Wanna get something to eat?" He asks.

"That might help." You sigh. He takes your hand and guides you to a place to get some food.

"Gotta keep up your strength." He breathes as you both order some food. You couldn't focus though, you were worried. Was Vivi safe? Did the crew get away from Crocodile?

You pause as the food is set before you and you start to eat. Even if the answers to your questions were bad, what could you do? "I could go to the king first... If I alert him then his forces can help me find them afterwards..." You mutter. "But if the King doesn't believe me..." You frown more, becoming anxious as you suddenly stop eating, paying for you and Ace. You pause, glancing at the quiet elementee to find him asleep again. The scene makes you smile a bit and lean over, kissing his temple.

"Sorry Ace. I gotta go." You breathe before going out quickly.

'Then pick a side, you're weakest when you're indecisive.' Crocodile's words ring in your head again and you close your eyes.

'From the moment I fell, I was only worried about the crew... I'll protect them.' You look back up at the sky.

The hour was the longest you've had to endure, but you were able to gather information as you search the small town for your crew.