Chapter 1

Hello wonderful readers! This is my second Daryl Dixon love story, with a different plot. I hope you enjoy this new book!

Natalia Patrova above ^^^
--------------

Natalia's POV

****Pre Apocalypse****

I look out the window of the Russian military assigned private jet. We were just crossing over the American boarder, my original home.

"Guys look, we're over the boarder," Lydia whispers to Christof and I.

He moves over to our side to look out the other windows.

"This is it. A new start, in a new place!" she exclaims a little louder, turning back to Chris and I with a smile.

"Its nothing new. We will be put into a different, but basically the same facility. Do the repeatedly same activities everyday. Get the same tests done, blood taken. More training. It's all the same." I grunt, crossing my arms and looking away from the window. I was tired of this life we lived. Hidden away in science facilities. When we do leave it's with military protection, not that we really needed it.

"We were all born here, Natalie. In the same facility, we know that. But here we get to find out the half of our life that we have never known!" Chris exclaims.

"You don't know that Chris! You two think that life will be better in America. It's going to be the same routine, you know that," I say and they both look down, knowing I was right as I crush their small sliver of hope.

Soon the silence settles over us once again, leaving the low hum of the jet.

~~~~~~~
I'm Natalia Patrova aka Natalie, also known as Subject 005 in the facility.

My friends and co subjects, Lydia Romanoff, Subject 006 and Christof Ives, Subject 004.

We were sent to the Science facility in Russia at the age of 5, where we all grew up. We grew up training for any survival situation.

Half of our DNA is human and the other half is pure survival instinct, we are known as Military made weapons. Made to protect and survive.

Having more combat skills than that of a whole army put together, we are easily able to save lives and well, survive in any situation. We are injected each year with a serum that gives us knowledge and skills to be able to survive in any situation. One day we will have all of the knowledge we need to be the perfect human, but that day is far away.

Without the serum given to us each year, it eventually would wear off, leaving us with just the skills we have learned and the knowledge we have been taught.

The life isn't glamorous. We didn't grow up in a nice home with a cozy fire place or a little happy family.

At age 11 we were learning how to shoot and hunt.

When we were the age of 15, we were learning how to fight and survive.

Age 18 we were training to kill and torture. We were sent on our first mission with the CIA, to go under cover.

And now at age 24, we are being flown back to America, our home land.

We have lived this way since before we can remember. When we were taken to Russia, the only names we had was Subject and a number.