Chapter 22

I hope y'all enjoy this chapter, its shorter than the other ones ❤️
__________

Daryl's POV

I sit on the road, feeling lonely and lost.

Someone took Beth, and I couldn't stop it.

"Well looky here." A male voice rings out, as a group of men surround me. He reaches down and I punch him in the face, aiming my bow at him.

"Hold up!" The man on the ground says as all the guys aim their weapons at me.

"I claim the vest! I like them wings!" A guy says from behind me.

"I said hold up!" The other man says as he starts to laugh, his nose bleeding. He gets to his feet. "A bow man. I respect that. You see a man with a rifle could have been a photographer or a soccer coach. But a bow man is a bow man through and through. What is that? 150 draw back weight? I'll be donky licked if that doesn't fire 300 feet per second. I have been looking for one like that. But instead I got stuck with this one from some stupid girl." He says, pulling out a black and red bow...

Natalie's bow.

My eyes widen a bit.

"W-what happened to her?" Is all I manage to get out.

"Her and another girl, real pretty brunette. I've always had a thing for blondes." He chuckles making a deep growl form in my throat, but I didn't want to test my luck. "They left, without their weapons that we took. Girls are as good as dead." He says to me. I feel my heart drop, not knowing what happened to her or if she is even okay. I keep a steady aim at him. "You pull that trigger my boys here are going to drop you several times over. Come on fella, it's a suicide shot." He says. "The names Joe." I drop my aim, knowing that I needed to know more about them. They had Natalie and Lydia...

"Daryl." I grunt, giving him my name. He grins at me and I nod.

She has to be okay. She has too.

_________________

Natalie's POV

I sit high up in a tree across from Lydia, silent as we watch the horde of walkers shuffle past. After awhile it passes and when it's safe we both climb down.

"We could have taken them!" I exclaim to Lydia once my feet hit the ground and she shakes her head.

"Natalie be level headed. Think. Analyze. Survive. We need to save our energy, and taking on that many walkers isn't the way to do so." She tells me and I nod.

"Okay. We need to find food. Water- You smell that?" I say, the scent of fire smoke in the air. We begin to look around. Soon we come to a railroad. I follow the smell for awhile to a small horde of charred walkers, blackened from being burnt. They are walking infront of us. I put a hand up to her and she stops next to me. Once they get a safe distance away I let out a breath. I open my mouth to say something but hear two high pitched screams.

"Let's go!" Lydia yells as my hand tightens around my knife. We take off running, my instincts taking over. We soon come to the group of charred walkers. The girls still screaming. I notice that it's two girls from the prison, Lizzie and Mika. We both kill multiple walkers. I also see Carol and Tyresse shooting them down. Soon they are all taken out.

"Natalie, Lydia." Carol says to us as we run up. I hug her, feeling my eyes fill with tears. I pull away. "Daryl.?" She asks and I shake my head.

"We got separated at the prison... it's so good to see you." I tell her with a nod. She smiles at me hugging me once again.