Chapter 32

Lydia's POV

I walk along the road, the cool air of the night making it seem almost peaceful, but not in the good way. In the sad way. Depression laces the air and radiates of everyone I come across.

We don't know if Glenn's still out there.. Chris, Natalie, Daryl. Sasha and Abraham. They should have been back by now... but I refuse to give up hope.

"Lydia, you can stay with us tonight. I know you don't want to be alone." Ricks voice snaps me out of my thoughts, making me look behind me where he is walking up. I give him a small smile.

"Thank you Rick." I say as he falls in step with me as we head to his home.

__________________
Natalie's POV

We've been driving all night, the walkers still behind us. Too far for the walkies to contact back to Glenn and Rick.

"Alright." Sasha's voice comes across the walkie, the car her and Abraham are in behind us. I bring the walkie to my mouth.

"Thats 20?" I respond, tiredness setting it. But I've gone longer without sleep so I push through.

"It will be, 642 is a mile ahead. We got to put distance between us and them before the turnoff." She tells us and I hand the walkie up to Daryl.

"So floor it." Abrahams voice comes through. Daryl brings the walkie up to talk.

"Alright, try to keep up." Daryl speaks into it making me chuckle slightly.

"Daryl have you seen this car? Believe me, we want to get back there too." Sasha says on the other end.

We finally get to go home.

I sigh as I wrap my arms around Daryl, resting my head on his back. We turn onto 642 and into a small town. Gunfire erupts around us making us swerve, a car pulling in behind Sasha and Abraham. I pull my gun out of its holster and shoot down two men. Daryl soon looses control resulting in me getting thrown off. I grunt at the impact, but not hurt to bad.

"Natalie!" Daryl yells to me, helping me to my feet. He gets on the bike, motioning for me to do so also. I shake my head.

"Go! I'll hold them off!" I yell to him and he shakes his head. I nod and run into an ally way where he can't. I hear the screeching of tires, and the engine of the motorcycle gets further away. I walk out, looking at my surroundings. I shoot down three more men who had their guard down.

Stupid pricks.

After I check the wrecked cars, the men in them all dead, the adrenaline fading I soon feel a sharp pain in my leg. I look down and see that a bullet had grazed my thigh.

"Well thats just great." I mutter before I climb up a fire escape to the roof to get a better vantage point, ignoring the sharp pain. Once I get to the top, I look around to see if I can find Abraham, Sasha and Daryl. I sigh after no luck of finding them. I climb down and limp down the streets. I knew that Daryl would come back, Sasha and Abraham were smart. They could take care of themselves. I will go look for them, but for the mean time, I need to get myself patched up. Before I loose to much blood and become useless.