Chapter 2

(Lydia Romanoff above ^)

Natalie's POV

I put the quiver of arrows on my back and grab my bow off the wall. Chris and Lydia do the same with their weapons.

"Where are we going to go?" Lydia asks, tucking a gun into her waistband.

I walk over to the rows of books, clearing them off the second shelf. I grab the extra ten arrows and put them in the side pocket of my backpack.

"We are going to get my brother, that's what," Merle butts in from his spot leaning against the wall. I look up to him with a glare.

"No, we're not," I state and he glares back.

"I ain't goin anywhere without ma brother," he argues with his voice rising, pushing himself off the wall.

"We can't afford extra people," I tell him, not wanting to welcome his brother to our small group.

"Fine. The hell with y'all. I'll go myself," he growls, walking to the door.

"Wait."

He turns back to me. "We will get you're brother," I give in with a sigh. He gives me that stupid grin of his.

"How do we kill them?" Lydia asks, referring to the undead as she drops three bags the bag of water and food on the couch.

"Aim for the head, that's how it worked for me," I tell her and she nods.

"What kind of transport are we taking?" Chris questions, being as we learned to drive.

Yes, even though we are stuck in a facility, we still learned to drive.

"The Knight XV," I state making them grin.

The Knight XV is a bullet proof armored SUV that will get us from point A to point B in one piece and in style. It is bio-fuel powered and is very rare, limited to 50 production units, one which is in this facility. It's equipped with a powerful 6.8 liter V10 engine, room for 6 people.

We learned to drive it in Russia. It is our all time favorite piece of equipment we've used.

"How do you know there is one here?" Merle asks, following me as I raid the closet for the clothes I will need, grabbing mostly casual.

"I did my snooping the first week we got here," I tell him, putting clothes into my bag.
~~~~~~~~

We make our way down the stairs. Each of us carrying multiple bags of weapons, a bag of food & water and our personal bags after we raided the armoury.

I bust through the doors to the outside, instantly met with the humid air.

Looking around, I see a black SUV with two men hanging out of it, growling and reaching out. I set the stuff down and re-kill them, dragging the bodies out of the car.

The other three put the stuff in the back as I get behind the wheel. They follow in suit.

Putting the car in gear, we drive to the other side of the base. I slowly come to a stop in front of a garage.