Chapter 20

I hope y'all enjoy! :)

____________

Natalie's POV

"Hey hey, Natalie wake up." Glenn urges, shaking me lightly. I look at him my vision hazy and cough. He dabs my forehead with a wet cloth. I sit up with his help and lean over the sink where I spit up blood. He pats my back and I look to him. "Daryl would kill me if you die." He mumbles and I smirk weakly.

"I was asleep Glenn. I'm not dying." I tell him leaning my head against the wall. He shakes his head.

"You were choking a bit in your sleep Natalie." He says and I sigh.

"When are they going to be back." I groan, coughing once more. I take a sip of water and fiddle with the arrow necklace around my neck.

"They will be back. They always come back." He reassures me. I give him a small smile.
_________________

Glenn, Sasha and I finish helping Hershel with one of our group members. I cough as Glenn hands me a cup of the tea.

"Some counsel meeting." Glenn mumbles and I look up.

"We are short half the members." I say making Hershel nod as he pumps air to the man.

"I think we should make some new rules before they get back. I here by declare we have Spaghetti Tuesdays every Wednesday." He says lightening the mood. I chuckle, but it soon turns into a coughing fit. "Glenn we need to take her to the cell, Sasha can you take over here?" He asks urgently. She nods and they both help me to the cell. I start to struggle to breath, feeling like I'm drowning. I feel blood come out of my mouth and drip down my chin.

"Lay her down! We need to get the tube in." Hershel yells and Glenn lays me down, pinning my arms down. Black spots start to dot my vision, but Glenn urges me to stay awake.

"Dammit Nati, stay with me!" He yells as Hershel sticks the tube down my throat. Soon he starts to pump air, making me breathe again.

"There, that should do it." Hershel says, pushing my hair out of my face that sticks to my sweat glistened forehead. Glenn wipes the blood off of my mouth. I feel a few tears leak out of my eyes. "You're alright dear. You're going to be just fine." Hershel reassures me. I grab his hand as he holds it in a firm grip. Glenn hooks up an IV to me.

"How long will this keep her alive?" He asks Hershel worriedly while he grabs my other hand.

"Just as long as we're willing to do it. As long as it takes." He replies. "It's okay to go to sleep now." Hershel tells me.

With that I drift off to sleep.

__________________

Lydia's POV

I stand with Maggie waiting for Natalie and Glenn to show up in front of the big pane of glass. Soon Hershel comes into view.

"Where's Glenn?" She asks him worry lacing her voice.

"And Natalie?" I add concerned.

"They are both okay. Natalie had it worse, needed a breathing treatment and Glenn is administering that." Hershel tells us and I gasp. Maggie tries to convince him to trade places. He refuses.

"I'm fine. They could return any minute now." He says about Daryl's group on the run and I nod.

"They will both be okay? Why did she have to have a breathing treatment? What is that?" I asked, so many questions went through my mind.