Chapter 3

(Christof Ives above^)

*****4 months later****

Lydia's POV

After saving this new guy, we hear gunshots from the roof.

"Dixon.." Andrea says as we all run up. T-Dog starts yelling at him as they argue back and forth.

Merle starts punching T-dog.

"Merle, come on stop!" I yell, giving him a warning, he spins around and we are face to face. He sticks the gun in my face. Everyone goes silent and I stare him straight in the eye, not flinching once. I laughs at me.

"Merle, you know what we are capable of. Put the gun down." I say in a low voice that only he can hear.

"You're no match for a gun sweetheart." He says with his stupid high grin. In a flash I spin around and kick the gun out of his hand. I punch him hard in the gut, then put my arm around his neck, hooking my leg around his, bringing him crashing to the ground. This officer guy runs over, handcuffing him to a pipe. I nod to him and he nods back, giving Merle an intimidating lecture. I look away to the other group who looks at me in awe.

"Was a black belt in karate." I lie to them with a shrug.

Lies lies liessss. They don't know the truth.

_________________

I look at this new guy who has a troubled look on his face.

"Don't dwell on abandoning Merle. No one is gonna be sad he didn't come back... except, maybe Daryl." I tell him. After awhile we pull up to the rest of the group.

"Who's Daryl?" He asks, looking at me.

"His brother. Now, come meet everyone." I add, patting his shoulder and hoping out. Chris runs up and embraces me in a hug.

"How was the run?" He asks, walking me back to the camp where everyone is.

"It was good, other then the fact Merle was left behind" I say, setting my bag down by our Military vehicle.

"What?? You know there is no man left behind! We learned that in training." Chris whisper shouts and I look up to him.

"I know this. But I was already in the truck by the time they all came down, with no sight of him. It was too late to do anything. I️ might be skilled, but I'm not invincible." I tell him and he nods, resting his hands on his hips like he is thinking."What are you thinking about?" I ask him as I take a sip from my water bottle.

"Just worried about how Daryl is gonna act when him and Natalie get back."

________________

"What are we going to tell Daryl? And Natalie?" Dale asks and I look at Christof to who meets my gaze.

"Who's Natalie?" Rick, the new guy, asks. every one is silent for a moment, knowing that she won't let anyone near Daryl.

"Dale.. We are going to have our hands full when him and Nati get back from their hunt." Chris says breaking the tension.