Chapter 39

Hey guys! I know this is a late update but I've had so much going on in my life. Thank you all for your support! Enjoy! ❤️
_____________

Daryl's POV

I sit in the dark cell, the after taste of dog food lingering in my mouth as my dry throat begs for water. My mind keeps going back to Natalie.

Will I ever get her back? Will all this ever be over?

She is now that bastards wife and I can't stand it.

The few times I've seen her she always looked worry ridden. Sadness and despair clouded in those green eyes. I know she feels like Glenn's death is her fault, but its mine not hers.

It's all mine. God I'm such a terrible person. How can I face Maggie?

I'm broken out of my thoughts by Dwight sliding two pictures under the door. One of Glenn's smashed head and the other of Natalie and me I took back at the prison.

"These are gifts from Negan. Thought you should have it because hell, you'll never get to be with her again." He chuckles from the other side. I look at the picture feeling my lip tremble. Her bright smile that I haven't seen in what seems forever. After a moment music blares again but its not the usual song.. this time it's something different.

"I was all right for awhile
I could smile for awhile
But I saw you last night
You held my hand so tight
As you stopped to say, "Hello"

Oh, you wished me well
You, you couldn't tell
That I'd been crying over you
Crying over you..."

The slow song rings out making a few tears fall down my cheeks while I clutch the picture of us in my hand.

I miss her touch. Her smile. Her everything.

"You have nothing. No family, no girl. You are all alone Daryl... again." Dwight taunts me making me hang my head.

He is right.

After a moment of sobs I hear muffled voices.

"What the hell are you doing Dwight?" I hear Natalie's voice shout.

"Natalia, get out of here before I report back to Negan and you get Daryl killed." He warns.
__________________
Natalie's POV

"No, there is no way I'm wearing that!" I shake my head as Negan hands me a black dress. He smiles menacingly. I sneer at him as I snatch it, knowing exactly what he was going to say. 'Don't do it, Daryl dies.'

"Thats a good girl. Go on now, I want my new wife looking at her best." He says as he crosses his arms over his chest. I glare at him for a moment expecting him to leave and give me privacy, but he doesn't. He motions for me to put it on, reluctantly I do it, seeing no other option. Slowly I slip my shirt off over my head.

"Take picture, it'll last longer." I snap at him making him laugh loudly.

"No need too, I got you by my side all the time sweetheart." He replies cockily. I scoff in response, kicking off my boots and slipping my pants off. I slide the black dress on, instantly feeling uncomfortable in the itchy fabric.

"There. Happy?" I growl, crossing my arms. He walks up with a smile and kisses me, making my cringe. His hand tightens on my arm, telling me to kiss back. I begrudgingly do so, resisting the urge to vomit as his tongue runs wild in my mouth and his hands explore my body. He finally pulls away, making me feel nauseated at what just took place.