Chapter 16

Hello loves! Couldn't wait to post this chapter, so here it is! I hope you enjoy :)

_________________

Natalie's POV

I wake up covered with a blanket, Daryl, beside me, his lower half covered but his chest bare.

The sun was barely up, even to early for him to be awake.

I smile remembering last night, getting butterflies thinking about his touch over every inch of my body. His lips on my neck and on my shoulders.

I look over and hear his soft snores, seeing his chest rise and fall with each breath. Probably being the best sleep he's had in awhile, I figure it's best not to wake him. I silently get up and slip my clothes on. Once I'm done lacing up my boots, I grab my bow and quietly head out, careful not to wake him. Opening the door to be met with the cool morning air.

"Fun night?" Lydia's voice asks, startling me. I regain my composure and adjust my jacket.

"What are you talking about?" I ask her with a scoff and she smiles.

"You're doing the walk of shame right now. Don't worry, y'alls secret is safe with me." She winks making me smile at her, a blush creeping to my cheeks. "So? Was it fun?" She adds and I look down at my boots, not being able to wipe the smile off my face.

"Yeah.. it was amazing." I breathe out and she laughs. I go inside heading to my cell and tighten my hair into a pony tail. I sitting on my bed and thinking about what has all taken place last night.

Daryl is a strong, reliable man. Even though his attitude is undesirable to most, but not me. I've grown used to it. Although his redneck charm made up for it. But things wouldn't work out between us. He wasn't the type to settle, right?

You know what, things are good. I wasn't head over heels for Daryl and he probably doesn't even feel into me like that anyways and that's okay! The sex is good and that's perfectly fine.

Perfectly fine.

I snap out of my thoughts and walk out of my cell.

"I'm going on a hunt, Daryl is still on watch." I tell to Rick and he nods to me.

"Okay be careful. Hey, we might be turning Michonne over to the Governor. To protect this group."Rick tells me with his hands on his hips and I cock my head to him.

"You sure that's the way to go? I've come across men like him. He won't kill her. He'll torture her." I️ tell him, feeling something in the pit of my stomach, knowing this was a bad idea. He thinks for a moment, and I put a hand on his shoulder. "You know what's best for us Rick." I tell him with a small smile, heading out. Carol opens the gates for me.

"Good morning Natalie." She greets me. I smile a bit and wave to her. Soon finding myself past the tree-line, wiping away the blood of the walkers I took out.

I walk through the woods lost in thought about none other, than Daryl Dixon himself.

Not only him but men in general. If not Daryl then who? I wanted a family and all that mushy shit before this world went to shit but with the life I had lived before, there wasn't a chance. And there isn't one now... is there?

After hours, the sun is now high in the sky and I have a few squirrel and a couple rabbits. Thinking it's best to head back, I do so.

I hear a twig snap and spin around, seeing someone I never thought I'd ever see again.

"Son of a bitch."

______________________

Daryl's POV