Chapter 23

I made this trailer and I hope you guys like it!! (swipe over to see)

This is a great chapter in my opinion, full of emotions ❤️

Enjoy !
____________
Daryl's POV

I walk along with Joe as we hang back from everyone else. He takes out a flask and hands it too me.

"I'd start slow if I was you, your stomach it probably emptier than you think." He tells me as I take a long drink from it, feeling the substance burn. I grunt.

"Ain't been lit at dawn since before everything feel apart." I mutter, looking up from my muddy boots. He looks at me.

"Never thought of it that way. I alway thought that things were just falling into place. At least for people like us." Joe tells me and I look to him. Silence settles over us once again.

"We're getting closer." Some guy says as we reach the railroad tracks. I look at a map marked 'Terminus'.

Knowing Lydia, she would have went there but also knowing Natalie she wouldn't do anything without scoping it out first.

"You seen this before?" I ask pointing to it.

"Oh yeah, it's a lie. There is no sanctuary for all. You think they will open people like me and you with open arms?" He replies making a good point.

_________________

Natalie's POV

"I'm going out, I should be back by morning." I tell Lydia as I shove a few things in a bag.

"Why? At night? Just stay here it's safe." She tells me motioning around the small cabin that we all stopped at. I look at her as I sling the bag over my shoulder.

"I will be fine. I'm doing this for me. Let me." I say to her, she contemplates for a moment then nods slightly. She takes my hand and sets a gun in it. I put it in my holster. I turn to leave and put my hand on the doorknob.

"Just tell me one thing. Is this really what you want? What if they take you again?" She asks me and I look at her over my shoulder, feeling the anger boil in my veins.

"I need to find them." I tell her, about Joes group.

"And what happens when you do?" She asks me as I open the door.

"I'm going to kill them." I respond emotionless, walking out into the dark of night.

Flashback

5 months ago

We drive through the gates of the prison, coming to a stop and all of us piling out.

I walk up to Hershel next to Maggie and Glenn, him greeting me with a hug.

"Glad to see you back in one piece." He tells me and I smile to him.

"Daryl back from his hunt yet?" I ask him he nods and points over to the cell block. I nod in thanks and jog over. I walk in and lean against the wall to his cell, quiet so he doesn't know I'm there. He was changing, and I smirk as he undresses. I get out a low whistle making him jump around. I let out a laugh at how I startled him.

"Damn ya ever hear of knocking woman?" He grunts as he continues to change. I laugh and plop down on his bed looking up at him.

"Yeah but scaring you is so much more fun." I smile up at him. He smirks and shakes his head as he buttons up his shirt. His hair was wet and I smelt the faint scent of ivory soap indicating he just got done showering, a habit I have managed to sometimes get him to do. Yet for him to shower.. it was rare.