Chapter 36

Natalie's POV

It's been a few days since that night, I've slowly gotten better. Had a mental break, but Daryl told me 'Anythin that's broken can be fixed'. So here I am, laying next to him, something I have grown very used too and love. The sun peeks through the curtains and into the dark room.

"Hey Daryl! I let Spencer in, he's on his way up." I hear Lydia yell up to us, Daryl groans in response as I snuggle closer to him.

Lydia was supposed to go on that two week run with Tara, Heath and Chris, but she knew I needed her. So here she is, sleeping in our house until Chris gets back.

Today was our day off and I am gonna enjoy it, which is why I'm gonna fake being asleep.

There is a knock at our door and Daryl moves me over gently and drags himself out of bed, cracking the door open but just enough so I can be seen, just a sheet over me.

"Can I help ya?" Daryl grunts, moving his arm to lean against the door frame, blocking Spencers view from me.

"Uh, Rick told me to come to Natalie or Lydia to help me train. So um, I choose Natalie." Spencer responds. Daryl laughs dryly shaking his head.

"Nah man, its 'er day off. Ye got Lydia. So go on." Daryl tells him, shutting the door in his face. I giggle a bit as he climbs back in bed.

"Thanks for the save." I tell him as he wraps his arms around me.

"Ah so ye WERE awake. Makin me handle that boy." He chuckles as he pecks my lips lightly.

"Yeah, wasn't in mood, plus it was funny for him to see you in just your boxers." I snicker making him glare at me playfully.

______________

I sit on the porch swing while Daryl sits on the steps, looking through the bags on the motorcycle he just got back.

"Find anything interesting." I ask not looking up from my book I was currently reading.

"Nah just some wooden figurines." He grunts throwing it on the ground and lighting a cigarette. I close my book and walk down, sitting beside him. I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Those things will kill you." I warn making him let out a deep chuckle.

"Rather die from this than let this world take me." He grunts.

"Touché." I reply letting the silence fall over us again.

"Those people... what did they do to ya?" He asks quietly, a question I knew he was scared to ask. I angle my head to look at him.

"They didn't do anything." I answer simply.

__________________

"Look, you two are coming with me on this short run since you put Spencer on me. You owe me one!" Lydia shouts I ask finish washing the dishes. Daryl sits on the bar stool sharpening and cleaning his knife. I lift up his stuff, wiping down the counter under it.

"If Chris were here he could have done it. But fine, we'll go." I reply while washing my hands and drying them off.

"Nah stop volunteerin me for shit." Daryl grunts, I narrow my eyes at him and he groans rolling his eyes. "Fine, guess a little run wouldn't hurt." He mumbles, shoving his knife in his sheath. I grab my jacket, sliding it on.