chapter 5;

Author POV

" What will you say if I tell you that.. Halla is actually arranged on a marriage with.. me? "

His face turned pale as his eyes widened. He gave Jungkook a horror look, gaping his mouth, as though he had just witnessed a cat barked. His voice died in his throat, feeling as though the bottom had dropped out of his stomach.

" W-wha-what? Y-you.. it-it's.. you?! " He stuttered, still with his large bulging eyes. The atmosphere around them starting to get tense.

" N-ne. " Jungkook slowly replied, not able to look up at him. Jungkook felt a nasty pang of guilty feelings in him. He felt he just destroyed their brotherhood. But top of that, hiding wouldn't be the best resolution in this matter.

" Why? " Jimin opened up his mouth, closing his eyes tightly. Jungkook, who thought this was a silly question after all, recklessly replied to that.

" Hyung, it's an arranged marriage, don't you know? " He pointed out. Jimin opened his eyes, gritting his teeth. He was mad for no reason.

" Not that, Jungkook! Why does it have to be you?! I mean why suddenly you have to show up in my relationship.. and.. ruined it? Why should they chose you? Why you of all people? WHY?! " His voice wavering out of control. Jungkook slightly grimaced. He wasn't expecting Jimin to be this mad but Jungkook couldn't blame him for that. It's in the nature of human to react like this when they discovered shits like this.

" Oh.. oh my god. I'm.. I'm sorry. " Jimin gasped, realizing what he just did to his own bestfriend. Jungkook smiled as he patted Jimin's shoulder.

" Nevermind, buddy. It's okay. "Jimin shook his head aggresively.

" No. No it's not. I've been clearly out of my mind to shout reluctantly to you just like that. I me- "
" Look, hyung. It's fine. I understand the situation. It's normal for you to be mad or shout at me and I'm okay with it. Really. " Jungkook said, reassuring Jimin. The latter just sighed.

" Fine. Just to let you know that I'm deeply sorry for what I just did. I was wrong okay. " Jimin snarled at himself for being careless. Jungkook curled an odd smile.

" Anything for you then. Besides, to be honest, I am not exactly showing up in neither ruining your relationship tho. " Jungkook's statement made Jimin cocked his eyebrows.

" explain..? "

" It's arranged, right? And you do know I also have a girlfriend, don't you? Either way, you're right about I don't really know Halla well. I just met her about 3 hours ago. And to be honest, I already have a particular hatred on her when I saw her. Interfering or ruining your relationship is basically pointless since I plainly have no interests toward her and I'm a loyal boyfriend to my girlfriend. So don't worry too much, hyung. You're safe. " Jimin blinked several times, staring at Jungkook with his un describable gaze.

" wait a minute. So you're sayin- "

" yeah. I've decided to say it as a 'free life marriage'. Our status may be 'married', but we're freely allowed to date our lovers. No bond of each other. No strict law. It's free. " Jungkook flung his arms open while giving him a wide smile. Jimin chuckled.

" Becoming a business-like person huh? " Jimin teased happily. His heart lighten up, realizing it was no point of worrying over this after he heard Jungkook.

" Literally. " Jungkook jerked his head towards Jimin, flickering his eyebrows, teasing him. Both of them suppressed their loud laughter, feeling relieved to finally have the spare of time to enjoy it together. At this temporary moment, they forgot their burdens, not wanting to think what they might faced tomorrow.