chapter 21;

Jessica sighed as she watched me slumping my back sloppily against the cold wooden bench. Shutting my eyes gently, I felt a weight beside me.

" I heard everything. " She simply stated yet I already knew where this conversation would bring us to. I snorted.

" Sure you did. My face and name is literally everywhere inside this fucking school by now. " I bitterly chuckled. A sigh was the next thing I heard as I fluttered my eyes open. She was crossing her legs, trying to find a comfortable position for her to sit despite all the tense between us.

" You kept pushing him to talk to me? " She asked, warmness and concern was the only thing I could notice in her tone. I raised a brow before nodding hesitantly. A thin and odd smile was curved on her lips, staring at me softly.

" Halla. As much as yourself and your effort on doing the best deserve much respect and appreciation, I'd heavily have to say you don't actually need to do it. " My mouth was sealed tight, eyes staring at her attentively.

" This is just the way it has to be. " She continued, heaving a deep breath. My brows were knitted high on my forehead as soon as she said that.

" The way it has to be? That's not true, Jessica. If he's mature enough then he'd know this isn't the way it has to be. He's supposed to sort and talk things out with you, explaining unexplained things, forgiving and forget if that's what both of you think is right, and solve things maturely. That's how it has to be and this shit ain't happening right now if he's on his right mind." I complained, looking at her in disbelief. It took her awhile to respond with a simple statement I thought she would never say, nor admit.

" He hates me, for being a bitch. That's a fact I can't change. " She said. I pursed my lips, staring down at my fumbling fingers.

" Hates you or not he should have known what's the best to do. He just can't go away forever from the reality and boom everything is alright. " I muttered, a bit pissed at his behavior. I could feel her smile brightened.

" You're such a good and wise person, Halla. I envy you for be born as that. " She said. I raised my head in confusion.

" What's that supposed to mean? You are a good person, Jessica, I can see it somewhere in you. Maybe you just don't know how to express yourself? " I kind of questioned myself a bit in the end due to a 'personal offense' reason. I didn't know her that well so I shouldn't have talked and judged things too fast about her. However, I did know she was not a bitch.

" Thank you. But I am born as a bitch, anyways. All I did is thinking about myself and being selfish since I was still being carried by my mom. She died painfully when was giving birth to me. I was stronger than her completely weak and sick body so I eventually suceeded on living in this world, by killing my own mom with my selfishness of wanting to taste this pathetic world. " She painfully stated, eyes already by the ground. I swallowed harshly when staring at her in awe and a bit of sympathetic. I'd have to admit, no one knew she had the darkest of secret anyone ever had. And no one would believe her, anyways, probably an exception for me.

" My whole life was lacking of love, and I solemnly swore all I wanted now is that. " She finished off quickly as I understood she wouldn't want to open up to me fully; well at least not now. We were apparently no one to each other, or worse, enemies. Putting a faint smile on my face, a brutal question accidentally slipped out of my mouth, out of nowhere.

" Did you ever love Jungkook? " She widened her eyes as I did too. I swallowed hard when I realized it was not the time for asking that probably sensitive question. I knew she was confused still, was she?

" I'm sorry I sh- "

" I thought I did. " Her simple sentence caught me off guard, making me to look up at her. A painful smile was painted all over her face as she stared beyond the space, as if she was reminiscing all the memories she had with Jungkook.