chapter 11;

Author POV

" Lee Halla? " A bass voice echoed deeply within this enormous luxurious mansion of Jeon. The 4 individuals sealed their respective lips, secretly focusing their similar brown eyes to the man figure who sat gallantly on the elegant black couch.

" N-neh, Mr.J-Jeon. Lee Halla, imnida. B-bangapseumnida. " Halla greeted in a low stuttering voice. The tense around them was getting real, as only various sounds of their respective breaths were heard.

" So you're our daughter-in-law? " Mr.Jeon asked while pressing his fingers of one hand to the other hand as he rested his sharp chin on it. He stared at his son's wife with his focused eyes, observing and scanning each details from top of her long straight hair until her white high top converse.

" Gorgeous, isn't she? " Jinra broke an awkward smile, glancing at Halla and back at his husband. Jungkook and Minju exchanged glances, secretly telling each other their messages. Halla who knew nothing about this family was just trying to stay calm, sitting politely, and strangely was more interested with her fingertips rather than what was happening right now.

" What are you two doing? " Mr.Jeon's sudden voice startled both Minju and Jungkook. Both of them kept their composure as they faked a cough.

" Nothing, appa. " They replied at the same time, looking down to the ground. Silent, once again, wrapped this majestic living room. Halla swallowed the lump in her throat several times, averting her gaze to Jungkook unconciously, asking for so-called help. Unfortunately before she was able to send message to Jungkook, a massive sound of deep laugh burst out of someone's mouth. Mr.Jeon's mouth. He weirdly was laughing so hard until he fell on top of the floor which looked even splendid. The 4 figures stared at this old man with their confused look, raising each of their eyebrows at him who was rolling on the ground.

" D-dad? Y-you're o-ok-okay? You're scaring us intentionally. " Minju's eyes widened, looking at her dad horrorly.

" An-annni. Y-yo-your faces look so priceless. " He managed to say words between his laugh. The four of them stared at each other for awhile, trying to understand his odd yet sudden acts.

" Did you drink, yeobo? " Jinra asked worriedly, placing her soft palm on top of her husband's forehead. He gently put it away.

" I am not drunken, yeobo. But seriously this is hilarious. " His laugh finally ceased into a chuckle as he then fixed his eyes, again, on Halla.

" Should we bring you to mental hospital, then? " Minju sarcastically asked, feeling it's not really funny to act like this in their first meeting with Halla.

" I'll call the ambulance right away if you want to. " Jungkook added while pretending to take out his phone. Mr.Jeon cracked a laugh as he then slyly set himself a proper sit, not to embarrass himself again.

" All right all right I'll behave myself as a honorable head of this lovely family. So, Lee Halla, Lee Halla, right? " His bass voice came back echoing. Halla smiled while nodding slightly.

" Ne, Mr.Jeon. " She replied as she bowed politely. He smiled.

" I'm Jeon Chanwoo, you can call me by appa or dad or abeoji or father or whatsoever you're comfortable with. Just don't go with samcheon or harabeoji, I'm irritated. " He squinted his eyes, squeezed his big lips becoming a duck-shaped lips, pretending to be disgusted. The other laughed at his childish behavior. He was supposed to be a wise, scary figure, not this funny one.

" No awkward tense within us, please. Just talk casually if you want, I don't mind at all. Oh and don't give me that scared, nervous face. I'm not so scary, well it depends on what kind of courage you has. " He started to give them horror face which didn't really work well on them.