-=+Prologue+=-

-=+Prologue+=-

    "Capsize?"

"Capsize, wake up."

"WAKE UP!" I jolted awake, an unexplained sense of urgency rooting in my mind, sending adrenaline through my body. I looked around my room, with birch floors, pale purple walls and white furniture, which was my late mother's decoration choice, not mine.

    "Capsize, Ianerea is being attacked by Dianite and his minions. I need you to take your crew and sail South, far away from here."

"Why?" I begged the question, asking my goddess aloud. She sighed, a sound echoing around my empty room.

    "Please, dear Kate. Just do it." I scrambled up, throwing on a white tunic, black leather pants, and my combat style boots that rose to the middle of my shin. Grabbing my Navy jacket and scabbard as I ran out, I jumped down the flight of stairs in two bounds and barrelled to my brother Redbeard's room. As I turned the corner to his bedroom, I was forced off balance when my body collided with another. I held my ground, but my clumsy older brother fell to the ground in a panicked heap.

"Kate! Thank our Lady Ianite that ye be awake. We need to get to the ship!" leaving our door wide open, we charged outside to be met with what had become the overworld version of The Nether overnight. Countless buildings were on fire, black smoke wafting into the usually clear sky. The purple, green and white buildings and gardens all charred and scorched. Off in the distance, the watchtower sat in a distressed pile of rubble. Red and black minions of Dianite streaked through the air hurtling balls of fire to the ground below, or diving downwards wielding swords to strike down the citizens of Ianerea.

I was barely aware of my brother pulling me towards the direction of the docks, where our vessel was docked. More cries rang out in the air, and from the corner of my eye I can see a small tenement collapse to my right, giving up its life and those of others unfortunate enough to be inside. A minion dove down to cut us off but my brother, brandishing a sword our father had given to him, swiftly cut it down. People were streaming to the docks, hoping that they could find solace from this nightmare. I watched as three more blood red minions swooped in to the middle of the growing crowd, stealing away the lives of a few. A wave of anger rushed over me. This was my home! I had grown up here, alongside my brother and friends. A scream rang out into the air, one I knew well. Bella. I whirled around towards the town, my sword drawn. I'm not leaving this place without a fight.

    "DONT!" The world around me froze, taking on a royal purple tint. My grip slackened, and I took in the scene around me. People mid-step, running away with nothing but their lives, some in the process of losing even that. Flying devils hovering in the air, not moving but inspiring the same terror nonetheless. A building to the north of me was frozen mid-collapse, pieces frozen from plummeting to the ground. My brother's face is stuck in a grim mirror of determination and worry mashed together.

"Kate, please. You need to leave this place before it's too late." My Lady's tone of voice was mournful, foreboding a greater disaster if I refused her direction.

"Lady Ianite, how can you allow this? This is a direct attack from Dianite!" I allowed the venom and hate to slip into my voice, smoother than the ice on a flooded soccer field the citizens of Ianerea used to skate on in winters previous.

"I know, dear Capsize, I know. But this is beyond my control. It is not, however, beyond you-"

I interrupted her, too impatient and angry to worry about lack of respect for my goddess. "Then let me fight!" Purple lightning flashed across the still-frozen landscape.