-=+Chapter Seven+=-

(Kate's POV)

      The wind whistled across the plains, twirling my hair in my face and pulling tears from my eyes. Leave it to my crew to finish their home on a day that the wind tries to rip the surface from the realm. The long wild grass whipped at my legs, like small whips trying to assault a heavily armoured man. Nearly impossible a task. A small rabbit skittered across my path, soon vanishing into a rabbit hole under the grass, taking shelter from the evasive wind. All animals that had the means to do so had already escaped the open space, hiding from the gusts that attacked the land so. Those less fortunate, like the animals penned away in the community farm I had walked past a few minutes before, resorted to huddling together. Luckily the farm had some walls, but with the open concept it still did little. It was certainly odd; usually I'd only encounter winds this powerful when the crew and I was abroad.

     "Captain!" I shielded my eyes and looked up, seeing Rupert just over a hill. "The house be this way!"

     "Aye, it better be good Rupert." I trudged up the hill, the wind intensifying momentarily at the uphill angle. At the crest my other crewmembers came into view, standing as proud as the line of roughed-up peacocks they were. At the base of the hill sat a white quartz entryway, representing an oddly-shaped skull. The eye sockets were a pitch black, as though the person- had it been real- had died some time ago. I hummed a brief approval, and walked down towards it. The inside opened up to wooden platforms overlooking multiple levels, with askew beams and scaffolding contributing to the harbour feel. Explosives and chests littered the area, seemingly by design but in actuality because the crew was most likely too lazy to put away. On the bottom layer lay a few sleeping bags.

     Skipper came up on my left, beaming while he looked on at the 'house'. "So, what do ye think, Cap'n?"

     "Not bad, men. Say, where'd ye get the quartz?" If they went to the Nether, Ianite help me, these men will find themselves stranded in the middle of a reef. Redbeard hastily answered my question.

     "Traded it with that Tucker fellow. So, will ye be movin' in with us?"

     "I said it wasn't bad, mateys. I never said it was as good as the tree." Beside me, Earl's mouth twisted into a cheeky grin and he opened his smart mouth.

     "The tree, or the lad who owns it?" The rest of the crew burst into short guffaws, while I smacked the back of Earl's head.

     "Watch yer mouth, Earl." The sound of pounding hooves came from behind us, and I turned to see Sonja riding up to us on her latest horse. In the distance behind her, the three other Champions jogged behind. Sonja reined her horse to a stop, and jumped off with the grace of a cat.

     "Hey, did you guys make this? It's really cool!" Her horse nosed the back of her head, making her laugh as she stumbled forwards a bit. Unfortunately for her, Rupert had a bad history with horses. Before anyone could stop us, he unsheathed his dagger and began swiping at the dark horse, causing it to rear up and scream before dashing away. Sonja shrieked.

     "NONONONONONONO! MY BABY!" Unsheathing her own sword, Sonja lunged towards my crewmate, swinging upwards and knocking the blade from his hand with ease. Sonja rushed off in pursuit of her stallion just as the other three arrived. Tucker groaned.

     "Are you kidding me?" The three of them nodded a brief 'I'll see you soon' and started to walk off in the direction Sonja ran. My crew was snickering; I was smiling myself.

     "The plains. North of you." My Lady? "Hurry. I don't have long." I nodded, even if she couldn't see me. Looking up, I saw that the other Champions were at the base of the hill.