-=+Chapter One+=-

-=+Chapter One+=-

     My crew and I watched as the champions walked away, apparently having been called by a priest. It's probably complete bullshark, seeing as no voice was heard and no letter was sent to them. All there was, was some weird chime coming from a device they all took from their pockets.

     "Redbeard, Earl, and Rupert go take stock and see if there's any damage to the ship." The sound of their boots on the sand told me that they were obeying my order, leaving me alone on the shore. Holding my scabbard in one hand so it won't clang against my boots and make undue noise, I jogged across the field beyond the golden shores, headed towards a specific hill hidden in the shadows of a small forest, guarded by a giant tree. The leaves cast out the sun, and swayed in the gentle breeze of the day. The light green grass was crushed under my feet, the longer blades pushed away. Occasionally you'd hear the dull thump of a rock being kicked from my path, but otherwise I made no noise besides the rustling of grass.

     After a few minutes of jogging, with occasional breaks, I spotted him walking behind an out of place birch tree. Airing on the safe side, I drew a small dagger from my belt, then reached out and grasped Jordan's shoulder. Fluently and with the skill of a well-trained warrior, his foot shifted to behind mine and he grabbed my arm with both hands, using the little momentum I still had to fling me over his shoulder and on the ground in front of him. Subconsciously, my own instincts caused me to drive my dagger upwards as I hit the ground. We paused, registering what just happened. Slowly, drops of blood hit my face.

     "I- oh gods, Capsize I'm really sorry. I didn't realize it was you." Jordan extended a hand to me, and I swatted it away as I stood up. I used the back of my hand to wipe the blood from my face, crimson smears covering my lightly tanned skin.

"Ye have the quite the instinct, Jordan. Where'd- oh." As I spoke my eyes drifted from my hand to his face, but darted to his shirt when I saw the long cut across his chest. It seemed deep, and I was surprised he hadn't noticed.

     Jordan followed my gaze, soon noticing that his white shirt had turned red. "Hm. That's new." Pain flicked across his features, and he pressed his left hand over the middle of the wound.

     I whisked my dagger from it's spot on the ground, and followed Jordan as he walked into a house branching from the path towards the tree. Closing the door behind me, I walked down a small staircase to find him digging out a small medical pack from a chest. Taking it, he walked back upstairs and sat down in the living room, quickly removing his jacket and blood-stained shirt.

     "So before I sorta flipped you, what'd you come find me for? Do you need help with anything?" I tossed him a rag that was sitting on a nearby table, and he wiped away the crimson blood still seeping from the wound.

     "I came to talk about Lady Ianite. For the record, I had no intention of slicing yer chest open like that." Jordan laughed, which turned into a small cough. I looked at his cut, more visible now that he'd cleaned it a bit. I winced at the sight.

     "Looks like you'll need to stitch it up, lad."

     He reached into the box and pulled out a thick bandage roll. "It'll probably be fine without stitches."

     "Ye don't know how to stitch skin, do ye?" I got my answer when he blushed slightly, looking down. For someone skilled in battles and weaponry, it was a major surprise that he couldn't stitch someone- or himself- up.

     "I can stitch ye up." Sitting down on the couch beside him, I dug through the small box until I found a decent needle and some thread.

     "It's alright, you don't have to- ah!" He grimaced as I began sewing the skin closed, biting his lip every so often. "Really, it's fine. It'll be gone next time I die."I paused briefly before continuing.