-=+Chapter Eleven: Part 1+=-

A/N - Ok so this is only the first half or so (depending on how long it is when I can finally get my lazy butt in gear) of the chapter. It's been WEEKS if not a MONTH since the last time I updated either of my books, and I feel TERRIBLE (especially about this one)!! I know I've said that before, but HOLY CRAP I'm so SORRY!!! I really really REALLY love this book, but I've been putting it off because now I need to refer to actual Mianite episodes to write it instead of doing whatever and the idea of that is so off-putting to me. That doesn't mean I love it any less, if anything I'm extremely excited for what I have planned for later in the book, I'm just being incredibly lazy and ignorant. I absolutely PROMISE that I'll finish the chapter (published in a part 2) by the end of this weekend. I promise. So, here it is!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     The Goddess sat on the rim of the intricately carved fountain, separated and alone in her temple's garden. Overhead the sun shone brightly, and if she strained her ears she could hear the buzz of her people's daily lives. The bushed nearby rustled, drawing Ianite's purple eyes.

     I watched as the underside of Aethoria faded away into nothingness, the very darkness of the void that I had somewhat-willingly thrown myself into. My home, the centrepiece of all I had known, was leaving me.

     "You can come out. I won't bite."

     My eyes stung from straining them so hard, just to glimpse Aethoria as long as I could. But no matter where in the blackness I searched or how hard I drove my eyes, it was gone.

     A small girl emerged from the bushes, her meticulously made light pink dress dirt stained and a leaf stuck in her messy brown hair. The girl smiled bashfully, half hoping she could get away without trouble and half upset that she could no longer play in the magnificent gardens.

     With myhome gone, my eyes stung with a new kind of pain. A pain that radiated from my heart. A pain that I'd tried to fight off as long as possible. As I had jumped falling backwards, I maneuvered myself so that I had flipped onto my back and let my thoughts carry me. They took me places I never wanted to be again. Places we'd just escaped from. People we'd escaped from. People we'd left behind.

     "What is your name, dear?"

     Confident no one in our small group could see, I watched as tear drops flew upwards and mixed with the ever-present dust particles that seemingly came from nowhere.

     "K-Kate, my Lady Ianite. I'm r-really sorry for interrupting you, I j-just really w-wanted to play in your gardens. They- They're so pretty." The goddess smiled, beckoning for the small girl to come closer. Hesitantly, she did.

     I counted the tears. One for my mother, two for my father, three for Furia- who he used to be, not what he'd become-, five for Ianeria, another two for my lost ship, thirteen for leaving Ianite, and all the countless rest for Jordan.

     "You can play in here all you like, Kate. I think the company will be very nice." The younger Kate beamed, causing Ianite to give a small laugh- something no one heard often. Ianite leaned down so her mouth was right beside Kate's ear. "Keep this between us, but I'd rather this garden be public. It's horribly cruel to keep this place tucked away, hidden away as though it were in the void."

     There was a small tap on my shoulder, and from my peripherals I could see Tom.

     Kate's eyes widened. "Lady Ianite, what's the void like?"

     "What do you want, Thomas?" I had meant to sound stronger than I felt, but my voice came out as a whisper that even I could barely catch. I turned my head slightly to see Tom, wearing a weak and fragile smile on his face.

     "It's an odd place, dear girl. You're falling, but it feels like you're not moving at all."

     He aligned himself next to me and folded his hands under his head as though lying on a floor or bed. "I just wanted to talk, I guess. Tucker and Sonja aren't in the mood, and somehow Redbeard had already fallen asleep." I craned my neck to see that indeed, my brother was dead asleep. I scoffed.

     "You're going somewhere, but there's nothing around you."

     "And what made you think that I wanted to talk, Thomas." He sighed, and I noticed that even in the almost non-existent light his eyes were glistening.

     "Wind flies past you, but there's no weather."

     A tear flew up above us, but this time it wasn't mine. His breath hitched, and Tom shook his head. "I didn't. I guess that it's more accurate to say that I wanted to talk. Listen, talk, joke, sing, yell, anything. Anything to avoid having to think."

     "There's no air, but you can still breathe."

     I hummed before opening my mouth to speak, but a small shriek interrupted me. I flipped back so I was face down, and there was a small fleck of white breaking through the eternal darkness. It grew and grew, chipping away until you could barely see something that resembled a windmill through the gap.

     "And if you have a good heart, as long as you want to go somewhere then it'll take you where you want to go."

     White squares flew past. As they went by, running towards the gap, I could see moving images on each square, but the windows moved too fast for me to make out anything more than a single image. Shouting from my travelling group brought my attention back to the ever-increasing gap, and I shut my eyes as the white light increased in glare.

     "EVERYBODY BRACE!" I clenched my eyes shut even more so and brought my arms up to protect my face, curling into a ball so my legs protected my body.

     There was the feeling of being ripped to shreds.

     Falling.

     Pain.

     There's screaming and voices around me, but they're muffled and are getting fainter.

     Then... nothing.

-=\+/=-

     I keep my eyes closed, reveling on the sudden softness of whatever I'm laying on. It was about as soft as my bed back on the ship before it went down, and the material under my hands bunched as I tested my limbs. Once I was assured nothing was broken or damaged- just stiff as all Nether- I opened my eyes. Instead of the wooden roof of my ship or even childhood home, I was met with a dull grey stone roof. Cracks ran all over the roof, and small traces of moss could be seen. Following the ceiling I noticed walls and a floor in a similar state, if not a bit more polished. We were in cages, three to be exact. Tom was sprawled on a bed across from my cell, sleeping, as were Tucker and Sonja in the cage beside me. The two were wrapped up in each other's arms, holding each other tight. A soft snore from below me told me that Redbeard was sleeping on the floor. Besides the sparsely- decorated cages, the room had no furnishings besides a few candles perched around. Seeing that there were no windows, most of the light came from small cut-outs in strong iron doors.

     As if on cue Tucker, Sonja, and Tom all stirred whilst Redbeard kept sleeping. I sat up and swung my sore legs down off the bed, nudging my brother to consciousness.   

-=+To Be Continued (because I'm a little brat)+=-

-=+(and I'm also having a lot of fun because I discovered how GIFs on Wattpad work

-=+(and I'm also having a lot of fun because I discovered how GIFs on Wattpad work. So prepare thyself.+=-